Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Star Trek Books

Author Topic: Star Trek Books
Delta Vega
Member # 283

- posted      Profile for Delta Vega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings, I am looking for some good Star Trek books to buy, technical or novel. I don't have many besides the Encyclopedia and the Tech Manuals.

I am especially looking for the Ships of the Star Fleet books, Volume 1 I think.

Does anyone have any suggestions or information on some good books?

------------------
Ich brenne! Haben Sie wasser?!

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck on finding SotSF. It's a rare find...

For novels, I'd suggest:

ST: TNG I,Q
ST: TNG Q-Squared
ST: DS9 Millenium: The Fall of Terok Nor
ST: DS9 Millenium: The War of the Prophets
ST: DS9 Millenium: Inferno
ST: DS9 A Stitch in Time
ST: NF 1 House of Cards
ST: NF 2 Into the Void
ST: NF 3 The Two Front War
ST: NF 4 End Game
ST: NF 5 Martyr
ST: NF 6 Fire on High
ST: TCT Book 5: Once Burned
ST: DH Book 5: Double or Nothing
ST: NF 7 The Quiet Place
ST: NF 8 Dark Allies

[TNG - The Next Generation; DS9 - Deep Space Nine; NF - New Frontier; TCT - The Captain's Table; DH - Double Helix]

------------------
"We have HTML and images in sigs disabled here. Don't try it. If you do, I'll shove the image up your ass, then ban you. Have a nice day. "
-Charles Capps, August 13, 2000

[This message has been edited by Fabrux (edited August 18, 2000).]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm... Personally, I wasn't too fond of I, Q...

------------------
"They might be the infamous buzzard collectors for what we know, grabbing hapless space avians so that they don't end up as smears in the windshield."
-Timo Saloniemi, 16-Aug-2000

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked it

------------------
"We have HTML and images in sigs disabled here. Don't try it. If you do, I'll shove the image up your ass, then ban you. Have a nice day. :)"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd recommend Federation. It's since been supplanted by First Contact, but it's a pretty good read.

Some of the old TOS novels are good, like The Final Reflection.

------------------
Come on darkness
Lay your body down on us
We've been calling you for so long now
We're weary of your name
--
Camper Van Beethoven
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Pull your body for a moment from your soul.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Federation is good... I forgot about it because I don't have it...

------------------
"We have HTML and images in sigs disabled here. Don't try it. If you do, I'll shove the image up your ass, then ban you. Have a nice day. :)"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vendetta's also excellent. My favourite PAD novel actually. And in many ways, superior to First Contact (and I, Borg).

------------------
"Why do you want to spend time with a deer? They're so stupid, they get hypnotized by headlights!" - Guido Anchovy

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

What the hell is PAD?

------------------

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Gasp* You don't know, Fabrux? I thought you said you liked 'New Frontier'...Ingrate

PAD is a wierd acronym for Peter David.

------------------
"What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad."
- Dave Barry

Delta Vega
Member # 283

- posted      Profile for Delta Vega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are the "New Earth" books any good?

------------------
Ich brenne! Haben Sie Wasser?!

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

That's what I don't get. How does PAD = Peter David?

------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not that weird, when you consider the rather common phenomena of "middle-names".

------------------
"Why do you want to spend time with a deer? They're so stupid, they get hypnotized by headlights!" - Guido Anchovy

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't really think Vendetta was all that great, either. Hm...

------------------
"It's like the Star of David or something. But without the whole Judaism thing."
-Frank Gerratana, 17-Aug-2000

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Well when you don't know someone's middle name it gets confusing :P

------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps