Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Lonely Dutch Trekker (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Lonely Dutch Trekker
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where might I find ST books in the Netherlands???
It seems like the entire country is collectively banning Trek as much as they can!
I'm especially in need of the Magazine!

------------------
MS Windows Error 014: Unexplained error - Please tell us how this happened
---

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The American Bookcenter in either Amsterdam or The Hague is your best choice. The one in Amsterdam is the biggest store of the two.

------------------
"Godzilla. Accept no expensive imitations."
- Eric Tolle, Usenet.

Alpha Centauri
Usually seen somewhere in the Southern skies
Member # 338

- posted      Profile for Alpha Centauri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to get my books at Donner in Rotterdam. But they're starting to ban Trek too. Last christmas, I searched for the newest ST Encyclopedia, and they had an entire stack. A few days later, they were sold out. Now, in August, they still don't have it. And that's with all Trek books. The Trek corner is running out, while the nearby Star Wars corner continues growing and growing and growing...... Isn't that discrimination???

------------------
"And as we all know, a mesolytic quantumvector resonator is commonly
used to polarize isogravitic plasma-flux manifolds."

Starfleet Academy's Redshirt Guide to the Starfleet, 62nd edition,

D-S
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the post Title I thought it was going to be very interesting
IP: Logged
Nemesis
Member # 255

- posted      Profile for Nemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if you have something like it in the Netherlands, but here in Germany i order all startrek-books over Amazon.de!
There you pay nearly a 1:2 conversion from US-Dollar to Deutsch Marks.
In our normal book shops you have to pay the double of the normal price, just because they include the shipping costs.
BTW, is it only my imagination, or does sweden have a lack of startrek? I went there for holiday and was too fast reading my startrek-books, so i went to the local bookshop and found.....only fantasy books! After one week of wandering through all bookshops along the way i finaly found a Sci-Fi-shop in Stockholm!
I bought the DS9 Compendium btw.
Otherwise i would have ended up reading Harry Potter.... argh!

------------------
This is how i prefer the borg... in pieces!!! -- Janeway in Dark Frontier

Seventhworld, the new SciFi-Project
http://www.seventhworld.de
Soon to be featured StarTrek Nemesis

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I come from Sweden, and believe me, us swedes are generally lacking in star trek appreciation. The only shows we can see are TOS, and season 3 voyager, nothing else!!!

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Believe me Star Trek is SEVERELY lacking in this country (Australia) too. And this is an English speaking country!

Star Wars swamps every book store... the only place you'd find Trek would be in a video store (cause TV is 3-4 years behind the video releases) or on TV Voyager only Tuesdays at 11pm! (OK, yeah they are repeating on Pay TV TNG and TOS at reasonable 'prime time' hours...

Andrew

------------------
"I threw bitter tears at the ocean
But all that came back was the tide..." 'I Will Not Forget You' Sarah McLachlan

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It may just be NB, but I have a hard time finding Trek stuff here in Canada. Usually all I can find is the newest novels at Coles and The Mag. Some of the movies are rentable at Blockbuster, though. Other than that, there's no toys or anything.

------------------
"Weirdness doesn't frighten me. Ten-foot-tall purple wombats with shaving-cream-covered broadswords singing 'Kumbayah'... Now, that scares me..."
-Tim Nix

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm... 'Twould seem there is an Amazon.nl. It's actually under the amazon.co.uk domain, but you can get to it by typing "amazon.nl", and they call it "Amazon.nl".

------------------
"It's like the Star of David or something. But without the whole Judaism thing."
-Frank Gerratana, 17-Aug-2000

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I gor my books from Proxis.nl, but I want too actually *see* the books I'm buying.
There is enough Star Trek on TV here!:
Every saturday 5th season VOY
Every sunday 5th (?) season VOY again
Every weekday ST:TNG!!
Every Wednesday TOS
Every Thursday DS9

Me likee!
So, ABS in A'dam is the best choice?

------------------
---

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, there's plenty of Trek on TV:

TOS weekdays at 1 AM
TNG weekdays at 5 PM
DS9 Saturdays at ? PM
VOY Wednesdays at 10 PM and Saturdays at ? PM and 12 AM (sometimes - same episode as Wednesday that week)

------------------
"Weirdness doesn't frighten me. Ten-foot-tall purple wombats with shaving-cream-covered broadswords singing 'Kumbayah'... Now, that scares me..."
-Tim Nix

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
American Book Store (or American Book Center) is the best choice, and most probably the only one where you can get the Magazine.

------------------
"Godzilla. Accept no expensive imitations."
- Eric Tolle, Usenet.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

So, you can't get a subscription to the Mag in The Netherlands? >
AARRGGHH!

------------------
---

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Who wants a subscription, anyways? Too expensive if you ask me. I just buy individual issues that i deem interesting.

------------------
-Tim Nix

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Star Trek: The Magazine... who is the publisher for this mag... cause no one has a clue here in Brisvegas.

------------------
"I threw bitter tears at the ocean
But all that came back was the tide..." 'I Will Not Forget You' Sarah McLachlan

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps