Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Rear-Admiral (LH) or Commodore? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Rear-Admiral (LH) or Commodore?
Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
After all, we know for sure that a person wearing a Lt.Cmdr's pin (as intended by Fletcher) is properly called a Lieutenant by her seniors.

AFAIR the only person called Lt. and wearing the Lt. Cmdr.-Pin was Valeris. And this was an error of the costume-department.

quote:
So perhaps the pin Fletcher designed for Lt.Cmdr is actually a Lt (sg) pin in proper Starfleet usage?

Nope, Rand wears the Lt. Cmdr.-Pin and she was called Commander.

Pic (Fact Files): http://www.geocities.com/fitz8472/startrek/uniforms/mov_pin_example_ltcmdr3.jpg

Script:
RAND: All right, gamma shift. Time to defend the Federation against gaseous anomalies.
JANEWAY: Gaseous anomalies. We were charting a gaseous anomaly on Voyager.
TUVOK: And that's when my problem began.
JANEWAY: That's more than a coincidence.

RAND: How are you this morning, Ensign?
TUVOK: I am well, Commander. Thank you.
RAND: I thought you might like to see some of this morning's com traffic before you went on duty. There's a message from the Yorktown I think you might be interested in. It's from your father.
TUVOK: Thank you.
RAND: You're not gonna have time to drink that, you know. You're due on the bridge in five minutes.
TUVOK: It's not for me. It's for the captain. I've observed that Captain Sulu drinks a cup of tea each morning. I thought he might enjoy a Vulcan blend.
RAND: Oh, I see. Trying to make lieutenant in your first month? I wish I'd have thought of that when I was your age. Took me three years just to make ensign.
TUVOK: I assure you, I have no ulterior motive.
RAND: Whatever you say, Ensign. See you on the bridge.
JANEWAY: You've never brought me tea.

------------------
"Second star to the right, and then straight on till morning."

[This message has been edited by Fitz (edited September 12, 2000).]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps