Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » ��� Paramount caught stealing from fan site !!!

Author Topic: ��� Paramount caught stealing from fan site !!!
seanr
Member # 277

- posted      Profile for seanr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I caught this one this morning, and it was confirmed by someone at scifi-art.com:
Got to http://www.fanmedia.com/startrek and reload the page a few times, keeping an eye on the upper right corner. You'll notice that that corner is different each time you load the page. Two of the ships shown there (at least) are STRAIGHT copies of the Grissom and Enterprise B pics seen on this fan page:
http://www.geowproctor.simplenet.com/stmesh1.htm

Star Trek: The Official Fan Club is the only fan club officially recognized by Paramount. They publish a bimonthly magazine and sell tons of Star Trek merchandise, both through a catalog section in the mag and through their web site, which also functions as the online store for StarTrek.com.

If anyone knows of a way to get this noticed by someone who could/would seriously embarrass Paramount/Viaccom, it might be a good idea to run this their way. I'd love to see Viaccom have to eat a little of its own medicine after all the trouble they were causing fan sites a year or two ago. I say let 'er rip! :p

P.S. Here are the two pics, if you don't feel like reloading the page ten times:

------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]

WEBolutionary Consulting Services
Mania-Online

"Great is the glory for the strife is hard"
- Wordsworth

"Why must I be surrounded by frickin' idiots?"
- Dr Evil

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't be surprised if, since Paramount owns the rights to the Oberth and Excelsior designs, they could find a law that says anyone who makes pictures of those ships has to allow Paramount to use the pictures as they wish.

------------------
"It's like the Star of David or something. But without the whole Judaism thing."
-Frank Gerratana, 17-Aug-2000

seanr
Member # 277

- posted      Profile for seanr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps, only because our copyright laws are so fucked up.

------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]

WEBolutionary Consulting Services
Mania-Online

"Great is the glory for the strife is hard"
- Wordsworth

"Why must I be surrounded by frickin' idiots?"
- Dr Evil

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Er...oh?

------------------
love's function is to fabricate unknownnness
--
E. E. Cummings
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! And party everyday.

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sad but true. Paramount technically owns the images if I remember copyright laws correctly.

------------------
Where's the bathroom on this ship?

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Technically, this thread belongs in the Flameboard. And it should be there, so more people would see what this is about.

Go to the Flameboard. You'll find it there.

Seanr: No Hard Feelings.

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps