Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Please help me find this obsure Sci Fi movie from 1950-60 or so!

Author Topic: Please help me find this obsure Sci Fi movie from 1950-60 or so!
strawberry
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I've been trying to find the name of this movie for many years.

I do not know the name or any of the actors. I was young when I saw it on TV (probably late 50's or early 60's)

The story, as best I can remember it, starts with an older man & woman watching TV. What they are watching is the news of the discovery of a new planet or place (inside the earth? ... not sure). Anyway, then the story takes you back to when they were younger, like in their teens. I don't remember how they got to this place or why, but they were on like a planet & trying to get off & I think aliens were chasing them. They hopped in the spaceship (vehicle?) and finally got home.

There was much adventure & I really enjoyed it. The young man who was the main part reminds me of a young Pat Robertson, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't him, because I looked through the films he was in & I didn't see it listed. It isn't journey to the Center of the Earth.

Please help me. I've asked everyone I know for the last 30 years. I'm desperate to find the answer to this puzzle.

Thank you so much.

Straw

------------------

IP: Logged
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tell me, is there a section in the "Terms and Conditions" that warns against posting things in the inappropriate forum? If not, it might explain why this happens so often.

Don't get me wrong, Mr. Berry, sir, it's good to have you here. But it's kinda annoying to see a thread in the general Trek discussion forum that has nothing to do with Trek.

Someone with the proper authority will be along to move it to the appropriate locale shortly, I'm sure.

But in the meantime, I have no idea what movie you're looking for. Sorry...

------------------
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
- George Bernard Shaw

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's hardly a _major_ transgression. It'll just be moved to General SF.

In the meantime, the idea of a film starring Pat Robertson fills my soul with unspeakable horror.

------------------
love's function is to fabricate unknownnness
--
E. E. Cummings
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! And party everyday.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just for kicks, I looked for any movie with "flashback" listed as a keyword at the IMDb, and the only thing I found that might fit was the Secret Files of Captain Video. It was a show, instead of a movie, and only half an hour long, but it was an anthology series, so it certainly could have contained the story you're remembering.

It would really help if you could remember anything else about it.

------------------
love's function is to fabricate unknownnness
--
E. E. Cummings
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! And party everyday.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Moved to General Sci-Fi

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps