Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » please help me (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: please help me
sandmanuk
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have been playing a game and been given a clue in
words i dont recorgnise.i think it may be vulcal
can any clever person decypher it fo me

Rira gubhtu lbh jvfurq fb uneq, gur nafjre gb yvsr, gur
havirefr naq rirlguvat vf abg uryq jvguva GUVF fbhepr pbqr.

many thanks
wayne

------------------
wayne

IP: Logged
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, posting this in more than one area is a "no-no" ...

Second, this sounds like gibberish to me. What game, hmmm? If it was a real problem, I think Senor Wayne here woulda given us more info ...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 7.5 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
Shop Smart -- Shop "S"-Mart

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it gibberish, for "I am speaking gibberish to you and you don't know it?"

------------------
Well, it's done, yes, the deed is done.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In any case, this forum might be the place for this thread. You ARE referring to Vulcan language, right? (you spelled it "vulcul")

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

[This message has been edited by Tahna Los (edited December 05, 2000).]

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks to me like it's one of those cyphers like they used to print in newspapers around here, where one letter is used to mean another letter. The clue is to use the small words to figure out what the letters are.

For instance, 'fb' and 'gb' might mean 'in' and 'on' (or, they might not, it's just an example), and then thusly every 'b' would stand for 'n', and 'f' would stand for 'i' and 'g' for 'o,' leading to clues as to what the other words might be. It's still hard, though, as 'fb' and 'gb' might also mean 'he' and 'me' or any other two two-letter words that end with the same letter.

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

[This message has been edited by First of Two (edited December 05, 2000).]

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Even though you wished so hard, the answer to life, the universe and eveything is not held within THIS source code."

(Rot-13, of course.)

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"I remember my mum telling me 'don't wear that jacket, it doesn't go with your top.' And I said 'Screw you mum, I'll wear what I'll like'. And then I went and changed tops." - Liam Ka--thingy

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vulcans speak ROT-13? Fascinating...

:-)

------------------
"I suppose it's possible my mother is a product of my imagination, but that raises more questions than it solves, really."
-Simon Sizer, 4-Dec-2000

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That Vulcal tounge is a tough one.

------------------
All along the watchtower, princes kept the view
While all the women came and went, barefoot servants, too.

Outside in the distance a wildcat did growl,
Two riders were approaching, the wind began to howl.
Bob Dylan

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
eveything?

Time to check out my rotate alphabet option in my notepad replacement...

Hey it does say eveything...

------------------
Buffy: "See, this is a school. And we have students and they check out books and then they learn things."
Giles: "I was beginning to suspect that was a myth."
- Buffy: The Vampire Slayer

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, seriously, Sandy?
If it's a roughly contemporary game there should be hintbooks and cheatpages for the game.
Now, what you haven't made clear is what game it is, if it's even Trek-related, when it was made and for what medium (Board-game, computer-game, etc)?

Psst!! *nudges other guys* Is he even there?

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It doesn't really matter. We all know that the Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything is 47. Dunno why they're making such a big deal about hiding it.

------------------
"I am in one of those rare periods of life where I am convinced I am a sexy devil."- Simon "Sol System" Sizer

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
42, Liam. It's 42.

------------------
Kang/Kodos in '04!

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And here I thought it was 69.... silly me....

------------------
Well, it's done, yes, the deed is done.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn my stupidity. 42. I was thinking as I typed that "It's not 47, cause that's the Trek number, as in Species 8472. It's 42, seven times six" and yet I still typed 47. I am going to poke myself severely with a stick.

------------------
"I am in one of those rare periods of life where I am convinced I am a sexy devil."- Simon "Sol System" Sizer

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or nine times six... :-)

------------------
"I suppose it's possible my mother is a product of my imagination, but that raises more questions than it solves, really."
-Simon Sizer, 4-Dec-2000

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps