Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » New image from ST:TMP Special Ed (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New image from ST:TMP Special Ed
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's an improved pic of Vulcan: http://filmforce.ign.com/news/1765.html

A review of the special edition: http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=7669

I wonder if Vulcan will still have moons.
------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

[This message has been edited by Masao (edited December 14, 2000).]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The Page Cannot Be Found..."

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 7.5 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
Shop Smart -- Shop "S"-Mart

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dammit, you had to edit it and fix it just when I replied didn't you?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*looks at links*

Whoa!

Quatre.

------------------
"Omae o korusu..." - Heero Yuy

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent. I only wish Paramount would have put some special features into their other DVD releases. Sure, watching The Wrath of Khan in digital widescreen is a lot of fun, but I would love extra scenes and commentary. Especially commentary. I'm addicted to it. Who knows why.

I also wish there was a better website to go for this sort of thing. I've grown to detest Ain't It Cool News.

------------------
I have been floated to this spot this hour
On a series of events
I cannot explain
--
Olivia Tremor Control
Read chapters one and two of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Read, read, read, read, read me now.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got a feeling that they'll re-release all the movies again - with the extras... that'll mean people would have bought the DVD - with nothing - then the DVD with extras...

Wrath - will probably have those extra scenes like in the ABC TV version...

well I'm sure there are cut scenes from all the movies...

like IV had cut footage.

------------------
"This is cooling, faster than I can..." Tori Amos "Cooling"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er, pretty much every movie ever has cut scenes.

Why do you hate Ain't-it-cool news Sol?

------------------
"I am in one of those rare periods of life where I am convinced I am a sexy devil."- Simon "Sol System" Sizer

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I don't like Harry Knowles and AICN because of his review of "Highlander: Endgame." Not so much the review, but why he didn't like it.

a) He had never seen The Series ... then questioned plot points in the film answered in the Series.

b) He compared it way too often to "Crouching Tiger" or whatever that film is. It's "HIGHLANDER", not a Hong Kong flick!

Basicly, he went in expecting to see "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon", saw "Highlander - Endgame", and went off in a really insane rant about fans of the Highlander films and movies, ignoring the fact that he's fan of stuff that makes Highlander look Oscar Nominee material.

Okay, rant over. 'Nuff said. Harry's a judgemental idiot, IMHO.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't like the site's design, first of all. It's just ugly. This is, obviously, not the most damning of criticisms.

Beyond that, I find the whole attitude that pervades the site to be distasteful, from its Commander-in-Geek (Was that funny?) to the general posting population. It's just not my scene. The philosophy behind their rating system seems so superficial to me, or at least it is far from how I judge films.

I suppose the real reason is probably because I'm a hypocritical snob who turns his nose down at those earnest young men in their expansive shirts while secretly being a huge loser myself. Or, I'm better than them all. One of the two.

------------------
I have been floated to this spot this hour
On a series of events
I cannot explain
--
Olivia Tremor Control
Read chapters one and two of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Read, read, read, read, read me now.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"a) He had never seen The Series ... then questioned plot points in the film answered in the Series."

Now, to be fair, Endgame was a "movie". In a "movie", all the important information should be presented to you. You can't just assume that everyone going to see it will have seen every episode in great detail. That's the mistake Trek films always come dangerously close to making (and have made).

------------------
"I am in one of those rare periods of life where I am convinced I am a sexy devil."- Simon "Sol System" Sizer

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nah, my theory on franchise films is this...screw the casual viewer! I want to be rewarded for my attention to the franchise. I want to pick up on things that the casual viewer doesn't get. First Contact did this well. When the Holodoc showed up on the E-E casual viewers probably went away wondering why the bald guy from Voyager was in the movie. The rest of us knew that the same program had been installed in all new Fleet ships.

Now, I'm only a casual viewer of the Highlander franchise, and I kept up ok with Endgame (even though I didn't particularly like the film).

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got a DVD player, and have or rented a couple movies I've seen before just to see the deleted footage. I just wish they'd go to the extra effort to put these scenes within the movie where they should of been instead seperately. I know they aren't "DVD-quality", so perhaps it could have a little mark appear telling you it's a deleted scene. In my opinion it would give the movie a more complete feel.

As for the ST:TMP-SE, I wrote to Star Trek: The Magazine asking if there were plans to remake the rest of the movies and they replied saying no. My guess is Paramount will wait to see if TMP-SE is successful enough before putting out the money it would take for the rest of the movie.

------------------
"Everyone should speak English or just shut up, that's what I say!" - Calvin.
This post is sponsored in part by the Federation Starship Datalink

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I didn't like Endgame much either. But I didn't care for how "Commander-in-Geek" characterized Paul's acting or fighting ability. Adrian Paul has done some great acting (and some bad), but Harry dismisses it.

And Adrian Paul knows how to handle a sword. Bob Anderson, the original "Series" swordmaster, compared him favorably to Errol Flynn, so for Harry to knock Paul's sword-swingin' was especially insulting (Harry seemed to ignore that the light-saber fight in SW:ANH SUCKED). Any "Highlander" fans who've seen "Finale pt. 2", "Revelations 6:8" and other eps know that AP can swing a sword with the best of them. Give that man a lightsaber, he'd take out Darth Maul.

Okay, rant over.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To be fair, though i haven't seen it yet, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is not just some Hong Kong kung fu flick, it is supposed to be THE kung fu flick (not hong kong cuz its directed by a Taiwanese who also directed the Ice Storm, go fig.). But really, was Highlander: end game really that great of a movie, i mean compared to the original highlander (i haven't seen it, so I can't say, but it looked pretty weak to me).

------------------
"Life sucks, then you die"

[This message has been edited by USS Vanguard (edited December 15, 2000).]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

No, Endgame wasn't that great, but Harry didn't just blast Endgame -- he blasted the entire "Highlander" franchise -- movies, TV series, etc. Okay, the movies sucked with the exception of #1, but he didn't even SEE a single ep of the series (by his own admission), and he declared it sucky! The hell is that shit about?

And I don't think I'd try and compare two movies together -- Harry apparently hadn't SEEN Hidden Tiger/Crouching Dragon when he posted his review, yet he still compared them. The fuck?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps