Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Breen

Author Topic: Breen
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even though Weyoun said it was quite balmy - I rekon that maybe he was not actually on the Breen homeworld - or in a particular section of it - I mean they could easily have used weather control devices to make it more suitable for the Vorta?

------------------
"This is cooling, faster than I can..." Tori Amos "Cooling"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He never said he was actually there. My guess is that the Breen were messing w/ his head. Either they told him their planet was warm (or it really is in places, but they're from the cold parts), just so that he would drive himself nuts wondering what their suits were "really" for.

------------------
"Yahweh likes to meddle in the affairs of us, as it makes him feel powerful, and he forgets the many years of torment he endured at Supreme Being Secondary School. Many a day would 'Thor - God of Thunder' & 'Mars - God of War' steal Yahweh's lunch money and hang him up by his breeches, all the while belittling Yahweh by insulting his very odd, and non-imposing God name, usually by adding a valley girl accent, and having it come out as 'yeah! way!'."
-Ultra Magnus, 15-Dec-2000

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or perhaps he was engaged in some head-messing of his own.

At the time, I had my own little theory going about that comment, and the Dominion alliance with the Breen. Roughly: The Founder on Cardassia kept turning the temperature down. In her diseased state, she wanted things cold. It appeared possible that the Dominion would lose, making her and the other Founders in the quadrant vulnerable. So she had set up a deal with the Breen, where in exchange for whatever Dominion promises were made, they would provide shelter for the sick Founders. After all, the Breen homeworld is nice and cold, and perhaps they intended to freeze themselves to halt the progress of the disease. I took Weyoun's comment about temperature to be some purposeful misdirection on his part.

Of course, that did not, in fact, turn out to be what was going on.

------------------
I have been floated to this spot this hour
On a series of events
I cannot explain
--
Olivia Tremor Control
Read chapters one and two of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Read, read, read, read, read me now.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NICE THEORY! I really like that theory... It could even be a story thread that passed by the way-side... NICE!

------------------
"This is cooling, faster than I can..." Tori Amos "Cooling"

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
My guess is that the Breen were messing w/ his head.

Or, more likely, TPTB were messing with the viewing audience's heads.

Sol: Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking at the time, too. Since it didn't turn out that way, one wonders just why the Breen were brought into the picture at all. Did the Founders ask them for help, or did the Breen ask for membership into the Dominion? It didn't really seem like the Founders needed their help, unless their Alpha-Jem'Hadar breeding wasn't working out and they needed a replacement force (which is an aspect of my fanfic, whenever I get around to uploading it). It was pretty jarring bringing in this new race of aliens just for the last six episodes, and then not developing them further. Maybe in Series 5...
------------------
Homer: "I'm not normally a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me, Superman!"

[This message has been edited by Dukhat (edited December 20, 2000).]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As stated in the show, the Breen were promised control over much of the Federation, including Earth.

------------------
I have been floated to this spot this hour
On a series of events
I cannot explain
--
Olivia Tremor Control
Read chapters one and two of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Read, read, read, read, read me now.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps