Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Just wondering...

Author Topic: Just wondering...
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is an alien from Trek, it is an unknown alien. It could be a TNG version of an Arcturian Clone seen in TMP...

Does anyone think it looks like Captain Ransom

Andrew

------------------
"This is cooling, faster than I can..." Tori Amos "Cooling"

[This message has been edited by AndrewR (edited January 07, 2001).]

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like Cher before the facelift

There is a very similar alien in the DS9TM, page 106, lower right picture, wich is one of the 'Top 10 Most Wanted' portraits in Odo's office.

------------------
"Content, graphics, and design are © 1999-2000 by The Solareclipse Network"
-And no-one even noticed the typo...
---
Titan Fleet Yards - Harry Doddema's Star Trek Site

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
D'you know, I've ALWAYS wanted to know what those pictures have said since I saw them in season 1 DS9... they have NEVER changed for the whole seven years... must have been REALLY hard to track down.

Maybe that alien above... is one of those 'hose-heads' you know they've been seen around DS9 a few times with a sort of rope tube head... like the Oola?? Jabba the Hutt's dancing girl in "ROTJ" but not yellow... or what ever colour she was.

P.S. Have a look at that alien's nose... it looks similar to the noses of those aliens from the Stargate-SG1 episode in season 2 called "Spirits" from that 'Native American' planet. When they inhaled - their multiple nostrils flapped!

Andrew
------------------
"This is cooling, faster than I can..." Tori Amos "Cooling"

[This message has been edited by AndrewR (edited January 07, 2001).]

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you say arcturian? They mentioned those in Aliens, at the breakfast table.

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's so many damn aliens in Star Trek, it's hard to tell who's who anymore.

Which brings me to another topic (related to the above): When Janeway meets Seven for the first time, she automatically deduces that she's human. How does she come to this conclusion? There are at least dozens of alien races who look just like humans, even some in the Delta Quadrant. (And this is before Janeway does a bio on Seven and finds ou that she's Annika Hansen).

------------------
"Although I do not know how World War III will be fought, I do know how World War IV will be fought - with rocks and clubs." -Albert Einstein

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dukhat: I think even Timo can't come up with a theory on THIS one .

------------------
"Content, graphics, and design are © 1999-2000 by The Solareclipse Network"
-And no-one even noticed the typo...
---
Titan Fleet Yards - Harry Doddema's Star Trek Site

Obi Juan
Who's your master?
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for Obi Juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good point. Somehow starfleet officers can automatically tell the difference between humans and aliens who look exactly like humans (there are quite a few similar instances). Maybe aliens smell different.

------------------
"Those who cast the votes decide nothing.
Those who count the votes
decide everything." -Joseph Stalin

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"You smell funny. You're not a really hairy human, you're a.......... tribble in disguise!!! Phasers set to sheer!"

[This message has been edited by TLE (edited January 07, 2001).]

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe human females have a distinct cup size...

------------------
"Oh for fuck's sake, stop your moaning,
If you fancy a threesome at this time of night, you can't get start getting choosey about which particular three!
-Queer As Folk, UK

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Must be. After all, Janeway's coffee mug is nothing like Dax' raktajino mug...

------------------
My new year's resolution is the same as last year's: 1024x768.

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought all the humans drank tea or coffee, and nothing else (other than the occasional Romulan ale)...maybe they just have coffee breath.

------------------
Between the idea and the reality, comes the Shadow

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you watched DS9? The main cast on that drink raktajino like it's going out of fashion.

Which, now that DS9 is over, it probably is.

------------------
"And Mojo was hurt and I would have kissed his little boo boo but then I realized he was a BAD monkey so I KICKED HIM IN HIS FACE!"
-Bubbles

ScottKey
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps she could tell that Seven was speaking actual English and that it wasn't some computer translation into English.
IP: Logged

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps