Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » All Good Things Special Ediiton

Author Topic: All Good Things Special Ediiton
nx001a
Member # 291

- posted      Profile for nx001a     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone seen the all godd things video special edition that contains scenes missing from the 2 parter. Scenes like the one with Q on the pasteur and picard asking for earl grey.

------------------
"We set sail on this new sea because their is new knowledge to be gained and new rights to be won" John F Kennedy

members.aol.com/mfwan/index.htm

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw Picard ask for Earl Grey, hot. The old woman said "Of course it's hot!!!"
The Q-thing I'm not sure of...

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

nx001a
Member # 291

- posted      Profile for nx001a     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently acquired a limited special edition video of all good things which has one or two scenes not included in the two parter.

These scenes include:

1) Picard asking for earl grey but the enterprise computer saying this beverage has not been entered into the database

2) An old Q appears to Picard on the Pasteur

3) Picard asks an ensign directions to ten forward

4) Tomalok asking whether picards proposal has been sanctioned by starfleet

I was wondering has anyone seen these extra scenes.

------------------
"We set sail on this new sea because their is new knowledge to be gained and new rights to be won" John F Kennedy

members.aol.com/mfwan/index.htm

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I taped the episode when it was first aired, in the 2 hour form. It has these scenes. It's not so much a 'special edition' as having redundant scenes.

------------------
"...[They've] been so completely dumbed down by the media, by tabloid scumbags, by the Christian "right", by politicians in general, the school, parents who are dumber than their parents were, who are dumber than their parents were, and all of whom think that they can bring up a child just because they got down in bed and had a little sex...well, frankly, here is an audience that knows more and more about less and less as the years go by...We are talking about a constituency...that knows nothing. This is pandemic; terrifyingly, paralyzingly pandemic. They know absolutely nothing."
- Harlan Ellison, on the Media Consumer of today.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recorded it when the episode originally aired and it did have these scenes. But the tape was eaten up and ruined. When "All Good Things..." came on again I recorded it and noticed a few scenes missing. I never understood why they were deleted after the first airing.

------------------
Pronouces it "Twenty-O-One"
This post is sponsored in part by the Federation Starship Datalink

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Over here (Australia) CIC released the "special edition" on video as a limited release before the normal two parter came out on video. I was lucky to pick one up as they quickly sold out and were never rereleased. Other than the extra scenes already mentioned, the tape also has all the movie trailers, plus a show called "Journey's End" that features interviews with the cast members while "AGT" was being produced. Oh, the tape also came with a 24 page booklet on the TNG series.

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, Tears of the Prophets)
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

Hobbes
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember that, hosted by Frakes.

I think it aired the same time they did the top 5 TNG episodes. "Yesterday's Enterprise", "Best of Both Worlds" were a couple, I can't remember the other 3.

------------------

Fructose
Member # 309

- posted      Profile for Fructose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Relics", I think it was called (with Scotty) and I can't remember the last. BoBW counted at two.

------------------
It doesn't matter if you don't know what you're doing as long as you look good doing it.

Hobbes
Member # 138

I'm not sure the order...

5. "Yesterday's Enterprise"
4. ???
3. "Relics"
2. "Best of Both Worlds, part 1"
1. "Best of Both Worlds, part 2"

------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps