Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Was there a point (11:59)?

Author Topic: Was there a point (11:59)?
Deep6
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While it was a fairly well done episode, I'm still undecided on what exactly the point of "11:59" was. Im interested in everyone else's opinion on whether there was a point and if so, what was its relevance to Voyager's journey home?

------------------
"Well yeah ok thats just about the most awful thing I've ever seen"

IP: Logged
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Star Trek in contemporary times" is probably the point Braga was going for: overcoming odds and moving toward the future, while keeping the ideals and values of a family and a town on track.

It's a background- and character-builder. That's my two cents.

------------------
Quark: "Lesson number one: No one involved in extra-legal activity considers himself nefarious." (DS9: "The Sound of Her Voice")

LB4747
Ex-Member

Yeah, that sums it up pretty good. Nice to see a show where progress isn't considered some evil thing.

I don't think there was any real relevance to the crew's getting home -- and there didn't have to be. The show is better off when they don't focus on that.

------------------
"Since you put me down
It seems
I've been very gloomy
You may laugh
But pretty girls look right through me" -In The Darkest Place

Deep6
Ex-Member

Ok, we've established that it had no relevance to their journey home, rather for character development......but what relevance does this women 15 generations removed really have on her character?

------------------
"Well yeah ok thats just about the most awful thing I've ever seen"

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She inspired Janeway, whether or not the stories were true. The few scenes in the future sure had a lot of character moments, in my opinion.

------------------
Quark: "Lesson number one: No one involved in extra-legal activity considers himself nefarious." (DS9: "The Sound of Her Voice")

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps