Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Squishy Pinnochio-ninjas?

Author Topic: Squishy Pinnochio-ninjas?
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Inspired by the recent DS9-questionnaire by DarkStar I was faced with a question I've never given much thought. What would the Borg do with changelings? Improved biological shielding? Camouflage/infiltration mechanisms? Can they even be assimilated?? Has any Trek-author already dealt with this?

If the "Founders" sent out their vagabond-babies, like Odie, surely the Brog must've met them during these past thousands of years? Odo obviously reached the alpha-quadrant, albeit through the 'hole.
But he was a young one, or so they said. Early babies could've ended up in the big floating boxes of terror (Hey, my first Adamsism).

I leave it to you ladies and gentlemen. (Oh and, how are you?)

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His turnip not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are the Brog. Ribbit. You will be amphibiated.

------------------
"This is such an amazingly minor complaint. Does anyone actually watch episodes anymore, or is it just a notebook + pause button exercise these days?"
-Sol System on what constitutes modern day Star Trek watching, 02-22-01

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh you son of a bich.
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I fear twice in the same thread is a bit much, eh chap?

------------------
"This is such an amazingly minor complaint. Does anyone actually watch episodes anymore, or is it just a notebook + pause button exercise these days?"
-Sol System on what constitutes modern day Star Trek watching, 02-22-01

Nim
Member # 205

What in the nether hells?? You sir are a complete cunt! Utterly merciless! There's now a turnip with your name on it, gaijin.

Now answer my questions, bitch!

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeez, you two. Get a room. . . 8)

------------------
"I rather strongly disagree, even if I share the love of Dick. Speaking of which, that would be the most embarrasing .sig quote ever, so never use it."

- Simon Sizer, 23/01/2001

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It all depends on just how closely the Founders can control their chemical composition. Were they limited to biological sorts of things...things with cells, or things with a set biochemistry, then I'd say the nanoprobes would chew them up like anything else. But I can't quite see how they would work against fog, or fire.

------------------
I will shout until they know what I mean.
--
Neutral Milk Hotel
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Then, go insane!

Nim
Member # 205

That sounds reasonable, although a tired founder can't do much. Sixteen hours would be a small price to pay for a nice and limp blob of goo.

I think the founders would be terrified at first contact. Afterall, the borg is probably the total opposite of them. A perverted network of beings, with no free thought and only directives and petty assimilation of other races to keep them going. But what they lack in inspiration and morale they compensate with motivation, effectiveness and organized force. Kind of like the founders...

If one baby returned after metting borg then the emotion and experience has no doubt been passed on to the great link and echoed there for millennia.

So although the founders seem to have grown lazy, only engaging in battles of principle (ie starfleets intrusion in their "space") maybe the sight and sound of the borg could make them engage in a "holy" war once again, like they first did when striking back at the solids in the biginning of their reign.
Could be food for at least one little short story or novel.

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His turnip not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

[This message has been edited by Nimrod (edited March 05, 2001).]

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps