Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Character List Partly Accurate

Author Topic: Character List Partly Accurate
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Alicia Coppola has been cast to play a Trill in the next series, name of Jazan Laan. Okay...

Now, this one I kind of like: according to "Leon" at www.darkhorizons.com, TrekToday's cast breakdown is somewhat accurate -- they're looking for characters of those ages and types, but the references to a 22nd-century setting are disinformation. The series is set on a new Enterprise at some point beyond the TNG setting, and the reason T'Pau is referred to as a "sub-commander" is that she's a Romulan rather than a Vulcan (and probably not named "T'Pau". Duh.).

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.27 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with four eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
"The candidate who slimed John McCain in the primaries and smeared Al Gore in the general election is now the president who pledges to elevate the nation's tone and bring civility to our discorse. Kind of like Michael Corleone brought peace to the mob by killing the heads of the other four families."
--Paul Begala, Is Our Children Learning?

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited March 06, 2001).]

Daniel
Member # 453

- posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Huh? Not to sound stupid but ... huh? What ship is this one going to be if it's set after TNG? The Enterprise-R? Someone clarify!
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't clarify. All still rumors. But, yes, it would be another "letter" ...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
"The candidate who slimed John McCain in the primaries and smeared Al Gore in the general election is now the president who pledges to elevate the nation's tone and bring civility to our discorse. Kind of like Michael Corleone brought peace to the mob by killing the heads of the other four families."

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps this is common knowledge to everyone but me, and perhaps it is even mentioned in the link provided, but Alicia Coppola played Lieutenant Stadi in "Caretaker."

And...in a sure sign that the world is controlled by a vast supernatural conspiricy, her latest role according to the IMDb is in a film called "Zigs."

She know what she doing.

------------------
I will shout until they know what I mean.
--
Neutral Milk Hotel
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Then, go insane!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

The new series will be set on a future USS Enterprise, quite possibly another 100 years in the future as TNG was from TOS. Frankly, I'm hoping for the H ...

The casting list that was floating around for the pre-TOS series is accurate in that those are the character descriptions TPTB are looking for, although the pre-TOS stuff is disinformation. "Sub-Comamnder T'Pau" is actually a Romulan character (and her name isn't T'Pau, either).

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay, they've listened. I've been going on about this for ages. SET IT IN THE BLOODY FUTURE! I would have preferred it to be a little further into the future, about 250-300 years post TNG or maybe even in the 29th century with the Timeships. They'd have scope for new enemies, new weaponry and SFX.

I just hope they find some crazy sonofabitch with an overactive imagination to write it. The new series IMHO should be action all the way.

------------------
The Worlds Ten Greatest 'Fucks' #3

What a stupid place to plant a fucking tree - Marc Bolan

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Star Trek has always been about the characters, not the level of action.

Look at DS9's "Duet": without doubt, DS9's single best episode, and the only action that occurs is a security guy restraining Martiza in the beginning.

TNG's "Lower Decks" is the same principle, except Worf gets to throw Jaxa around a bit first. Well, and she gets killed at the end. But the story's focus was on the characters -- not the action.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps