Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Series V - Logic Suggests... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Series V - Logic Suggests...
Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could anyone tell me which set was adapted for the Relativity's Bridge in "Relativity" And which Consoles were adapted. It is unlike Paramount to create new props/sets and then dispose of them (witness the infamous "pool table". We may be seeing these in the new series...

------------------
Faster than light - no left or right.

Soontir_Fel
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about the Prometheus' bridge. It did have a resemblence to it. The wide open area, the lone center captain's chair. A two? person helm console. The colours were darker but it look basically the same.

------------------
"There will be a substantial reward for the one who finds the Millennium Falcon. You are free to use any methods necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegrations."

-Lord Darth Vader (Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back)

IP: Logged
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nyaha! A bridge question!

Anyway, surprisingly most of the Relativity bridge set *is* new, at least in arangement. most of the components are rearranged bits and pieces from other sets. The seats, for example, were originally seen on the ST5 movie bridge - 600 years ago, relatively speaking (mind you, they've also been seen on *every* starship since 1989, including the Enterprise D and E, Defiant, and Voyager). The Transporter pad was partially recycled from the Defiant's (I'm fairly sure), although the walls behind the pad are newish). The aft consoles have been seen on several sets, alien and otherwise (they were in the Equinox sickbay, for example). The Captain's and forward consoles were new, I think, but it may just be the LCARS stuff throwing us off.

Mark

------------------
"Why build one, when you can have two at twice the price?"

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought the Prometeus bridge set was the same as the Excelsior in 'Flashback'.

------------------
Terry: "Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, ...."
Max: "And?"
Terry: "I forgot."
Max: "Come on, Clinton was the fun one, then came the boring one."
Terry: "They're all boring."

- Batman Beyond (aka: Batman of the Future)

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, rearranged and repainted, yes. Plus with new nifty lighting thingys, chair, "pit" section and so forth.

Mark

------------------

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So the topic of this one about the new bridge is Series 5 right? What's wrong with using Voyager's bridge?

------------------
Signature for sale! For a mere price of $20 per letter you get this wonderful little space to say your own things. Get it now while there's still space!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because they like to build new sets for new series.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.27 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with four eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
And homeschooling also turns you into a socially well-adjusted person, capable of talking to people without them wanting to ram a f***ing chair down your throat! - PsyLiam, 3/11/01

Nemesis
Member # 255

- posted      Profile for Nemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW...
The Equinox Bridge is a redress of the USS Prometheus bridge.
I think the Sickbay from the Prometheus was redressed as a room for the Krenim Timeship in "Year of Hell".
And they reused some of Prometheus Parts (mostly the consoles) for the Dauntles.

The Museum Room in "Living Witness" was reused as S'ona Medical Room in "Insurrection".
I think the Control Room in "Dragons Teeth" was reused as the Starfleet Midas Command Center from "The Pathfinder Project".

------------------
Seventhworld, the new SciFi-Project
http://www.seventhworld.de
Soon to be featured StarTrek Nemesis
www.stnemesis.de

Eclipse
Member # 472

- posted      Profile for Eclipse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, the Equinox bridge was a redress of the Defiant, not the Prommie.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

No, it was the Prometheus. The Defiant set had nothing to do with the Equinox. Just look at the side stations and try to match them up with the Defiant bridge, for starters. The back is all different as well. So is the front. And the middle, for that matter. All different.

Mark <--knows these things

------------------

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

Nemesis
Member # 255

- posted      Profile for Nemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, the only time i can remember when we saw a redress of the Defiant Bridge was in Voyager Episode "Live fast and Prosper".

------------------
Seventhworld, the new SciFi-Project
http://www.seventhworld.de
Soon to be featured StarTrek Nemesis
www.stnemesis.de

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

...Which was re-used early this season as the Ferengi Marauder bridge in "Inside Man".

Mark

------------------

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ferengi Marauder? On VOY?

And what would this be -- the first time we've seen a Marauder since TNG's 2nd or third season?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.27 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with four eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
And homeschooling also turns you into a socially well-adjusted person, capable of talking to people without them wanting to ram a f***ing chair down your throat! - PsyLiam, 3/11/01

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

7th, actually, with "Bloodlines" (where DaiMon Bok from "The Battle" comes back claiming to have Picard's son). They use that nifty subspace transporter to beam several light years to Bok's Marauder.

And then that technology is of course never seen or heard from again... And appraently ignored with the Dominion's edition of the same thing.

mark

------------------

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I still say that we may very well see various items from "Relativity" in Series V, which would lean it towards the late 25th Century (I hope).

------------------
Faster than light - no left or right.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps