Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Patrick Steward about Trek X??? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Patrick Steward about Trek X???
Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WARNING! Possible Trek X spoilers ahead (although I doubt it)!

$

$

$

$

$

From Section31.com:

The following piece appeared in today's British tabloid "The Sun". The paper can be characterized as unreliable, but the piece is interesting nonetheless:

'Brit actor Patrick Stewart is so determined that the next Star Trek Movie will be his last he has written the script of Captain Jean Luc Picard's death. Patrick, 60 - who has played the space commander since taking over from William Shatner in 1987 refuses to say how the hero Star logs off. But the plot is believed to involve a deadly enemy...and fellow Brit Alan Rickman has been lined up for the part. Patrick said "With the movie I have very strong feelings that it should be the last for the Next Generation, at least the last for Jean-Luc Picard. "We have at the moment a 28-page storyline, which sounds really exciting."

(Sub Heading) CLONING "I have Written an ending for Picard in which we finally kill him off and producers are looking over it now. All I can say is that this film will deal with a supreme and hopefully memorable villain. There's some cloning involved, and enemy Romulans But I will say no more." The death scene is one of a number being considered by Executive Producer Rick Berman. But he HAS agreed that Picard must die. Star Trek has already disappeared from TV. The last series of The Next Generation was filmed two years ago and producers say they have no plans for another. Shooting for the movie, Star Trek 10, is due to start in the Autumn. It should hit cinemas in Spring 2002.'

------------------
Terry: "Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, ...."
Max: "And?"
Terry: "I forgot."
Max: "Come on, Clinton was the fun one, then came the boring one."
Terry: "They're all boring."

- Batman Beyond (aka: Batman of the Future)

[This message has been edited by Altair (edited March 26, 2001).]

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Star Trek has already disappeared from TV. The last series of The Next Generation was filmed two years ago and producers say they have no plans for another.

The Sun maintains its reputation for honest and accurate reporting of the facts.

------------------
"Kif, I have made it with a woman! Inform the crew!"

- Zapp Brannigan

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like our good friend Altair does..

------------------
"Anatomically impossible, Mr. Garibaldi, but you're welcome to try .. anytime .. anywhere." - Bester
Federation Starship Datalink: Brand new look, fresh minty scent, same great taste!

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IT WAS THE SUN WOT KILLED HIM!

------------------
The Worlds Ten Greatest 'Fucks' #7

Watch him - he'll have some fuckers eye out! - King Harold

[This message has been edited by Orion Syndicate (edited March 26, 2001).]

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You bitch!! I have intentionally steered clear of any fucking spoilers and now you tell me they'll kill him? Use your filthy money-signs for christ sake!!!!

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Dollar signs are added!)

quote:
The paper can be characterized as unreliable, but the piece is interesting nonetheless

I'm just copy/pasting this, and I thought this part was reason enough not flame me about mistakes I made in my 'Hey look what facts I found here' days...

Nowadays I post these things in a more 'Do with this as you wish' way. Just putting it here and see what happens. But I'll try to remember to add a warning next time.

------------------
Terry: "Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, ...."
Max: "And?"
Terry: "I forgot."
Max: "Come on, Clinton was the fun one, then came the boring one."
Terry: "They're all boring."

- Batman Beyond (aka: Batman of the Future)

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Killing Picard is a pretty big thing, I would've liked to've been surprised...

------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nimrod: Here's a hint... If you don't want to read about ST10, don't read a thread whose title specifically says it's "about Trex X"...

------------------
"As part of Mr. Lee's good neighbor policy, all Rat Things are programmed never to break the sound barrier in a populated area. But Fido's in too much of a hurry to worry about the good neighbor policy. Jack the sound barrier. Bring the noise."
-Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THANK YOU TSN!

I get so sick of people bitching about, and overreacting to spoliers. The topic says "...about Trek X???" a common sense would tell you that there'd be spoliers without $'s.

*Whew* Now that I got that out...

------------------
"Anatomically impossible, Mr. Garibaldi, but you're welcome to try .. anytime .. anywhere." - Bester
Federation Starship Datalink: Brand new look, fresh minty scent, same great taste!

Nim
Member # 205

No, it said "Stewart on Trek X". I sure as hell didn't expect HIM to let out that kind of a spoiler! Notice that I haven't participated in any other of the recent "obvious" ST:X-threads!

------------------

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Hands Nimmy a paper bag*

There, there...you're starting to hyperventilate.

------------------
In this crazy world of lemons, baby...you're lemonade!

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, as had been pointed out, the Sun (newspaper) is about as reliable as the stiching on Simon's trousers.

It's almost certainly 100% bollocks.

------------------
You know, when Comedy Central asked us to do a Thanksgiving episode, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Boy, I'd like to have sex with Jennifer Aniston."
-Trey Parker, co-creator of South Park

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, obviously. Since when did we take rumors from Flight Attendants, particularily named Patrick, with anything but a grain of salt?

------------------
"Instructed by history and reflection, Julian was persuaded that, if the diseases of the body may sometimes be cured by salutary violence, neither steel nor fire can eradicate the erroneous opinions of the mind."

-Edward Gibbons, The Decline and Fall of The Roman Empire.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*giggles*

------------------
You know, when Comedy Central asked us to do a Thanksgiving episode, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Boy, I'd like to have sex with Jennifer Aniston."
-Trey Parker, co-creator of South Park

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UM, Liam: I don't get it.

------------------
In this crazy world of lemons, baby...you're lemonade!

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps