Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Add this one to the list of Series V rumors ($$$, hey you never know...)

Author Topic: Add this one to the list of Series V rumors ($$$, hey you never know...)
Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, this one is fresh people!

I've spoken to someone who just returned from the Paramount studios and a Star Trek convention in the USA. She has seen an interview (on the convention) with Kate Mulgrew. In this interview there were several things said by Kate Mulgrew that suggested, I say again: SUGGESTED that she will actually have a role in Series V, playing Janeway...

Disclaimer: I'm just repeating what the person told me. The person is a respected owner of one of the most famous Sci-Fi shops in The Netherlands. This shop is one out of two, maybe three, which are actually present on conventions outside our country.

Take this info anyway you want, but don't shoot the messenger.

To put several rumours together, I think a future series with a lot of time-travelling is increasingly more likely, if you put several rumors together... With the pilot being something that needs correction in a pre-Kirk era, which sounds to me like a great way to start such a series.
Add to that the 'Janeway factor' in time travel, and we have another rumor that fits in as a story for the series.

------------------
Terry: "Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, ...."
Max: "And?"
Terry: "I forgot."
Max: "Come on, Clinton was the fun one, then came the boring one."
Terry: "They're all boring."

- Batman Beyond (aka: Batman of the Future)

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean a sort of "Relativity" effort? Sounds shit to me.

------------------
"If you can't beat your computer at chess, try kickboxing."

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Star Trek: Voyagers! (like from the 80's...with the Omni)

"Alright Leiutenant. When the viewscreen's red, it means history is wrong. Our job is to get everything back on track, give history a push when it needs it."

"Viewscreen's green, Captain. We did it!"

------------------
"The sons of the Prophet were valiant and bold,
And quite unacustomed to fear.
But, of all, the most reckless, or so I am told,
Was Abdulah Boul Boul Ameer."
Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

She has seen an interview (on the convention) with Kate Mulgrew. In this interview there were several things said by Kate Mulgrew that suggested, I say again: SUGGESTED that she will actually have a role in Series V, playing Janeway...

Well, Mulgrew hasn't done a convention since Grand Slam, and believe you me, if she said anything of this sort there, we'd have had info for a week already.

*slams down stamp*
Poppycock.

------------------
"I can be creative when I have a good idea. That just happens way too rarely."
-Omega, April 6

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The person I talked to was in the USA for two weeks....

------------------
"We have a good arrangement. He supplies the weapons, I use them."
- Blade

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps