Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » On the subject of Mr. Woof (I mean Worf...)

Author Topic: On the subject of Mr. Woof (I mean Worf...)
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No doubt a small point, but does it strike anyone as odd that Worf wears his bandolier after the events in Sins of the Father? I mean, we all know that the Council conspired to blame Mogh, but Worf did accept discomendation, so I think an honor-bound Klingon like Worf wouldn't have worn the bandolier until he regained his honor in Redemption...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
I wouln't say that anyone who has ceased to post every time you rant has "realized that they couldn't win" Omega. It's more like "oh, great he comes Mr. conservative frontal lobotomy boy who only hits one note over and over and over and over..."
-Jay, July 15, 2000

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Might have been an act of personal resistance on his part, since he knew his honor was truly intact.

------------------
The government that seems the most unwise, oft goodness to the people best supplies. That which is meddling, touching everything, will work but ill, and disappointment bring. - The Tao Te Ching

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno. I think it would have been a nice moment when we finally see Worf in "Darmok", back in uniform, with his bandolier on ...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
I wouln't say that anyone who has ceased to post every time you rant has "realized that they couldn't win" Omega. It's more like "oh, great he comes Mr. conservative frontal lobotomy boy who only hits one note over and over and over and over..."
-Jay, July 15, 2000

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When in doubt... (all together):

"Bad writing - no sense of continuity."

(affected Irish accent): Jesus, Mary and Joseph, when will the powers that be finally realize who the true keepers of Trek continuity are? All they need to do is keep a few true fans on as consultants. Imagine someone who can think forward enough to say: "you know, it would be out of character for Worf to wear his BALDRIC (not bandolier guys), but wouldn't it ber cool if he dons it again in his quarters - quiet music playing - during Darmok?

I'd nominate Jeff anyday. And I'm not being sarcastic Jeff. But people in television have a hard time thinking past the end of the current season. We live (to one degree or another) - within the 24th century. They just get their paycheques there.

------------------
Faster than light - no left or right.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Treknophyle said it right.

------------------
"The sons of the Prophet were valiant and bold,
And quite unacustomed to fear.
But, of all, the most reckless, or so I am told,
Was Abdulah Boul Boul Ameer."
Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*cough* That would be "Jaysus, Mary an' Joe-seph"

------------------
"I can be creative when I have a good idea. That just happens way too rarely."
-Omega, April 6

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Actually, you know, I just realized ... he would've had it back at the end of Redemption pt. 1, after Gowron returns his honor. So he would have been wearing it when he resigns from Starfleet, and then of course, he'd've been wearing it during all of Redemption pt. II as well.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
-Jay, July 15, 2000

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps