Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Screen Caps (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Screen Caps
Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
May I use them on my site, with credit and a link?

Sure.

------------------
"Second star to the right, and then straight on till morning."

Daniel
Member # 453

- posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oberth-class ships have the peculiar tendency to spontaneously change their size in proportion to other vessels. No scientist or respected nitpicker to this day has discovered the reason why. One can only reason the FX people are botching it up.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Tsiolkovsky was the size of the Enterprise!

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm...unnamed miranda eh...probably still the Brattain or Lantree, whichever came first.

------------------
Signatures are for losers

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chicken or the egg....

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking" Nugget
Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant
Star Trek: Legacy
Read them, rate them, got money, film them

"...and I remain on the far side of crazy, I remain the mortal enemy of man, no hundred dollar cure will save me..." WoV

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egg.

------------------
"Although, from what I understand, having travelled around the Mid-west quite a bit, apparently Jesus is coming, so I guess the choice now is we should decide whether we should spit or swallow."
-Maynard James Keenan

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Miranda model was last labled as the Saratoga prior to appearing in the movie.

------------------
[Bart's looking for his dog.]
Groundskeeper Willy: Yeah, I bought your mutt - and I 'ate 'im! [Bart gasps.] I 'ate 'is little face, I 'ate 'is guts, and I 'ate the way 'e's always barkin'! So I gave 'im to the church.
Bart: Ohhh, I see... you HATE him, so you gave him to the church.
Groundskeeper Willy: Aye. I also 'ate the mess he left on me rug. [Bart stares.] Ya heard me!

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And after that DS9 appearance, the model re-received its roll bar - a component that typically carries the ship name and registry, albeit in very fine print.

I wonder how many names the "Generations" ship actually had. The saucer name and rego would probably have been altered to fit the needs of the story, but the tiny nacelle numbers or under-saucer labeling might not; and the rollbar might have had a third set of names and numbers.

Timo Saloniemi

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If they didn't do any relabeling, the model would have had the rollbar with the Brattain markings while the rest of the ship had the Saratoga markings. I've see pics where the nacelles had the NCC-31911 markings.

------------------
Groundskeeper Willy: Yeah, I bought your mutt - and I 'ate 'im! [Bart gasps.] I 'ate 'is little face, I 'ate 'is guts, and I 'ate the way 'e's always barkin'! So I gave 'im to the church.
Groundskeeper Willy: Aye. I also 'ate the mess he left on me rug. [Bart stares.] Ya heard me!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If they stripped down and redid the Nebula for Generations, then you'd assume that they'd spend some time relabelling the other two ships.

------------------
Homer: I'm gonna miss Springfield. This town's been awfully good to us.
Bart: No, it hasn't, Dad. That's why we're leaving.
Homer: Oh, yeah. [pokes his head out the window] So long, Stinktown!

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

Yeah, but the Farragut was specifically named in the movie. We never got any name for the other two so they didn't have to be changed or relabeled in any way. We think the Oberth might be named Valiant because someone once saw a special where some SFX company did a CGI Oberth and named it Valiant. We know nothing about the Miranda at all and I doubt any info was given in the script at all. If the Miranda was also CGI, it could also have gotten a new and different name, but like I said, we know nothing about the Miranda and I doubt the script called for anything specific.

------------------

colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PopMaze is referring to me.
In the mid-90's, the Discovery Channel ran a series on the special effects of movies. One of the shows in the series included information on the Star Trek movies. The camera crew were at ILM and were talking to a ILM employee. He talked about the engineering of Star Fleet ships-the nacelles had to be at a certain distance from the ship so as to protect the crew. The model he used for this talk was the USS Valiant, NCC-20000, Oberth Class.

------------------

takeoffs are optional; landings are mandatory

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just talking about how, with the model guys - they used to name their ships even if we didn't see the registries... or hear them during the episode.

------------------
Homer: I'm gonna miss Springfield. This town's been awfully good to us.
Bart: No, it hasn't, Dad. That's why we're leaving.
Homer: Oh, yeah. [pokes his head out the window] So long, Stinktown!

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

True, they did that, but I think they have gotten a little lax about doing such things when a ship is not seen up close. So even if a ship may be named in the script, the model may still not be changed accordingly. And if the ship is not named in the script, I don't think they bother with changing anything.

Of course, if a ship is seen up close it may be relabeled even if it's not identified in the script.

------------------

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW: I think this Miranda in FC was labeled too.

------------------
"Second star to the right, and then straight on till morning."

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps