Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Episode transcripts...

Author Topic: Episode transcripts...
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When the idea of making transcripts of all Trek episodes came up again, I mentioned that I was working on making one for "The Galileo Seven" (I have eight TOS episodes on DVD, and I picked this out of them at random). Here is the completed transcript. Unfortunately, there were a few words (in back ground radio chatter) that I couldn't understand. If anyone has this episode, wanna try to figure it out, for me? Just look through the transcript for "???".

Anyway, does anyone else want to work on this, and turn it into a project? I've also got "What Are Little Girls Made Of?", "Dagger of the Mind", "Court Martial", "Arena", "The Alternative Factor", "Tomorrow Is Yesterday", and "The Return of the Archons", so I can probably do those, eventually. Anyone want to do some other ones?

------------------
"Although, from what I understand, having travelled around the Mid-west quite a bit, apparently Jesus is coming, so I guess the choice now is we should decide whether we should spit or swallow."
-Maynard James Keenan

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure, I'll sign on. I have store-bought tapes of "The Enterprise Incident," "The Trouble with Tribbles," "Journey to Babel," and "Balance of Terror." I'll work on those.

Regarding your transcript of Galileo 7, I think you need to insert some lines about where the characters are. The way it reads now, the characters could all be in the same room, sitting around a table chatting. Simple locations, such as "Enterprise Bridge" or "planet surface" would be enough. Maybe each change of location could also be numbered for reference. On the other hand, I don't think you need to have "standard" script format of having the dialogue down the middle of the page and extensive stage directions. The way you have it is good enough.

------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, you were the one who came up w/ this idea, weren't you? I got the impression that the purpose was just to have a record of what was said.

------------------
"Although, from what I understand, having travelled around the Mid-west quite a bit, apparently Jesus is coming, so I guess the choice now is we should decide whether we should spit or swallow."
-Maynard James Keenan

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice, does need referances though....

TSN, I have something to email you, but no address, mine is Here.
Thanks

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking" Nugget
Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant
Star Trek: Legacy
Read them, rate them, got money, film them

"...and I remain on the far side of crazy, I remain the mortal enemy of man, no hundred dollar cure will save me..." WoV

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, there are devices that supposedly allow you to record a transscript of the closed captioning into a text file. No idea what they cost, though.

------------------
"Omega is right."
-Jeff Karrde, March 18, 2001 08:47 PM

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, problem with that is that closed captioning will cut stuff off, mispell stuff, etcetra, etcetra ...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TSN: Yes, getting a record of the words was the point, but just a few headings for location would make the transcripts a bit easier to understand.

------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Well, Ritten was thoughtfule enough to convert the transcript to HTML, but, for some reason, when I saved it to my hard drive, it got double spaced. I don't know why. Oh well. It doesn't have that annoying sideways scroll anymore, anyway. I'll convert future ones to HTML...

------------------
-Maynard James Keenan

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

I've started working on Balance of Terror. What should I do with it when I'm done? Will we have central repository.

------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Uh... I haven't really thought that far ahead. :-)

------------------
-Maynard James Keenan

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking" Nugget
Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant
Star Trek: Legacy
Read them, rate them, got money, film them

"...and I remain on the far side of crazy, I remain the mortal enemy of man, no hundred dollar cure will save me..." WoV

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps