Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Trek X subtitle and Mega Plot Spoilers$$$$$$ (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Trek X subtitle and Mega Plot Spoilers$$$$$$
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trek Today reports that the Trek X will be subtitled "Nemesis" and will open with a wedding in Alaska of Troi and Riker. Picard is the first man.

read it here: http://www.trektoday.com/news/260401_04.shtml

Believe it is you dare!

------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But, but, Riker's from CANADA!!!!!!!

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, Riker is from Alaska. It's been said several times throughout the run of the series.

------------------
[Bart's looking for his dog.]
Groundskeeper Willy: Yeah, I bought your mutt - and I 'ate 'im! [Bart gasps.] I 'ate 'is little face, I 'ate 'is guts, and I 'ate the way 'e's always barkin'! So I gave 'im to the church.
Bart: Ohhh, I see... you HATE him, so you gave him to the church.
Groundskeeper Willy: Aye. I also 'ate the mess he left on me rug. [Bart stares.] Ya heard me!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You never saw "Lower Decks", did you?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not since the Canadian domination of Alaska, th Continental US and Mexico in the grand invasion of 2053:
http://www.standonguard.com/

It's just a matter of time until all your base are belong to us, eh?

Anyway, the confusion arises from the TNG episode "Lower Decks", where one of the junior officers tries to strike up a suck-up conversation mistakenly thinking that Riker was Canadian. Oops.

Mark <-- Tres Canadien, calisse de tabernac osti!

------------------
"Why build one, when you can have two at twice the price?"

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I enjoy the Roman Numeral X. I'll have to think about it a bit more.

------------------
"Instructed by history and reflection, Julian was persuaded that, if the diseases of the body may sometimes be cured by salutary violence, neither steel nor fire can eradicate the erroneous opinions of the mind."

-Edward Gibbons, The Decline and Fall of The Roman Empire.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hereby revoke that spoiler's status as "mega"...

And considering "Nemesis"'s storied history as a fanboy title, I'd be less than eager to believe this...

------------------
"I can be creative when I have a good idea. That just happens way too rarely."
-Omega, April 6

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If not "mega," at least let me use "ultra."

------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suppose we can rule out a cameo by Avery Brooks then. He wouldn't want to get typecast as appearing in movies with 'X' in the title. 8)

------------------
"It strikes me that there are enough episodes of the Simpsons that people could speak entirely in Simpsonese, using references from the show to explain or describe an endless series of situations. Nelson and Apu . . . at Tinagra.

But now I�ve brought Star Trek into it again, haven�t I. Sorry."

- James Lileks, 09/04/2001

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ummm, *NEMESIS* bluh blaaah blaaaaah --- SILLY - wasn't FC supposedly going to be called Nemesis and then Insurrection... I think its a crew joke. Is Barclay going to be the Matron of honour!?!

Also, *FIRST* man!?! It's called the BEST man... hmmm.

Also, you would think that Picard would be marrying them... since in all the Marriages we've seen in Trek, Captains/Admirals have done the job... well always the senior officer...

------------------
Homer: I'm gonna miss Springfield. This town's been awfully good to us.
Bart: No, it hasn't, Dad. That's why we're leaving.
Homer: Oh, yeah. [pokes his head out the window] So long, Stinktown!

[This message has been edited by AndrewR (edited April 27, 2001).]

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

Of course, "best man." I momentarily forgot how to use English correctly.

------------------

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then again, Picard could be argued to have been the first man, too, at least in one of those "AGT.." timelines.

What about simply naming the movie "X", and marketing it in a manner that's sure to royally piss off Fox?

Timo Saloniemi

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, sorry Masao - I thought it was what was actually reported

------------------
Homer: I'm gonna miss Springfield. This town's been awfully good to us.
Bart: No, it hasn't, Dad. That's why we're leaving.
Homer: Oh, yeah. [pokes his head out the window] So long, Stinktown!

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And just WHO suggested Riker and Troi getting married, not two weeks ago? Hmm?

Though I don't know whether to consider it a good thing that I think that whoever made this rumor up...

------------------
"Omega is right."
-Jeff Karrde, March 18, 2001 08:47 PM

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, this really isn't "Mega". And it's certainly not "Ultra" which, according to Hasbro, is actually bigger than "Mega".

If we adopt the transformer sizing system for spoiler warnings, we'd have

Basic spoilers
Deluxe spoilers
Mega spoilers
Ultra spoilers
Super spoilers
and Supreme spoilers

This one barely rates a "deluxe".

(Although I'd like to see Super Spoiler battle the X-Men, myself...)

------------------
You know, when Comedy Central asked us to do a Thanksgiving episode, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Boy, I'd like to have sex with Jennifer Aniston."
-Trey Parker, co-creator of South Park

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps