Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Ponderings on the Eleventh Trek film.

Author Topic: Ponderings on the Eleventh Trek film.
Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a thought: if the next film IS to be the last of the Next Generation ones, and as a DS9 or Voyager film seems highly unlikely, who the hell is ST:XI going to feature?

You know, I had a load of stuff thought up for this, but I've it all forgotten. Yeah exams...!

Thoughts? Opinions? Receipes for marinaded trout?

------------------
At that point, McDonald fired his gun three times in the air to emphasize his point. The crowd, estimated at 350,000, loudly cheered the new candidate.

"Let me make this clear: I am the law! I am your ruler! And you will have fries with that, motherf*cker!"

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, it might just be that they abandon the whole idea of bigscreen movies. I think it would be good for star trek if we instead saw tv-films, as for instance the way B5 did it. Then ds9 and voyager would be in the running again.

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The big difference here is that large screen movies tend to make money.. And the TNG Franchise is viable as such (limited though it may be).

Mark

------------------
"Why build one, when you can have two at twice the price?"

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think there will be a Star Trek XI for awhile -- but ...

It will either feature a combination of the TNG cast with elements from DS9 & VOY ... (that's assuming Patrick Stewart and/or Brent Spiner actually leave the series -- they might want to come back again, who knows?)

More likely, when the TNG movie run is done with, we'll have a hiatus of a few years, until Enterprise leaves the airwaves ... and then we'll have Star Trek movies with Capt. Archer and his intrepid crew.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe an arch movie "based" in the 29th century, but fearturing cast from all time periods?

pant, pant, pant...

------------------
Faster than light - no left or right.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JeffK: Unless Series V totally bombs, that is...

------------------
"Although, from what I understand, having travelled around the Mid-west quite a bit, apparently Jesus is coming, so I guess the choice now is we should decide whether we should spit or swallow."
-Maynard James Keenan

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You've got to remember that the DS9 crew have split up in many different directions at the end of the final ep. One is in another dimension, another is at earth, another is back in Q'ono'S, and a fourth is in the Gamma Quadrant.

So how do we deal with such a scenario? And it has to be properly thought of so that it doesn't become a half-baked idea like Insurrection. FC had the most convenient plot twist to reunite Worf with his fellow TNGers.

------------------
"In a completely unrelated news story, I have a date tomorrow night."
- Omega, in trying to explain why pigs are now flying, why Microsoft products are now working perfectly, hell freezing over, and George W Bush giving a flawless speech. 04/06/01, 12:17AM

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FC had the most convenient plot twist to reunite Worf with his fellow TNGers.
---
I had a discussion about that earlier. The Defiant just 'happened' to be there, ooooo. It's kinda far from Earth to DS9, just to call back the Defiant. She was probably due back at Utopia for some serious yard work or upgrades.

------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Soontir_Fel
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a convenient way of reuniting the DS9 crew:

"A Dominion War DS9 Senior Staff Reunion."

------------------
"Asteroids do not concern me, Admrial. I want that ship, not excuses."

-Lord Darth Vader (Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back)

IP: Logged
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But the Defiant's entire purpose in life was to fight the Borg. Of course they're going to bring it into the battle. My only "concern" at the time was that I thought Sisko would have found a way to be in command, if at all possible, considering his personal history.

------------------
OH NO< THE OLD MAN WALKS HIS GREEN DOG THAT SHOTS PINBALLS!~!!!
--
Jeff K
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet" and nothing at all will happen.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe he was too busy playing baseball in the holodeck while the Sector 001 battle was going on. It didn't stop him from doing the same thing in the middle of the Dominion war.

------------------
Lisa: "OK, now we're gonna pick jobs out of the chore hat. Dad, you go first."
Homer: "Come on, bikini inspector...scrub toilet! Ohhhwww...OK, that was a practice..."

Shabren's Final Prophecy: Star Trek: Legacy

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More likely, Worf was in command of the Defiant when Starfleet ordered the ship to Earth. Time was of an essence, so there was no time to report to DS9 to grap Benny-boy.

Still, they could've worked O'Brien into the film that way too ...

*bing* Hmm. Wonder if Colm'll show up in Trek X?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
Card-Carrying Member of the Flare APAO
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a few weeks trip from DS9 to Sol, there should have been at least a few Defiant avaliable already in Sol or Antares (which isn't that far, I think). That's where they build those things, after all.

------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think we'll ever see the DS9 or VOY stars on the big screen. First of all, Voyager wasn't the most succesful of series (they must have realized that by now) and the DS9 story is more or less told.
The best candidates is, IMO, the Star Trek: Enterprise (new abbreviation: ENT?) crew.

------------------
"Fuck L Ron Hubbard and fuck all his clones.
Fuck all those gun-toting
hip gangster wannabes."
-Tool, Ænima

---
Titan Fleet Yards - Harry Doddema's Star Trek Site

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps