Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Less than 24 hours to go...

Author Topic: Less than 24 hours to go...
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...until we enter the strange new world of having a fifth Star Trek series.

Tuesday, May 8 has been marked as the start of principal photography for Series V for some time now, with word of this date coming out of a variety of official and unofficial sources. And, yes, I know they won't start shooting at 12:01 am Pacific on Tuesday. Even the standard 5 am start is questionable seeing as its the first day of a pilot shoot. But still, months, hell, years of speculation have boiled down to this.

Official release of a title and presumably the headlining stars will almost certainly have to be by May 17, which is when UPN will announce its fall lineup, which, given late-breaking news, may include Angel and Roswell, bringing the total of WB assimilatees to 3.

I've got my fingers crossed for a news conference or press release on Series V sometime this week, possibly even today (Monday). Who knows what the morning shall bring?

------------------
"And as it is, it is cheaper than drinking."
-DT on arguing with Omega, April 30

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought Angel was staying on the frog ... ?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
Card-Carrying Member of the Flare APAO
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is, Buffy is moving to UPN.

------------------
"Let me ask you something, Mr. Garibaldi, a purely philosophical question. On a scale of 1 to 10, how stupid do you think I am anyway?" - Bester
Federation Starship Datalink: Brand new look, fresh minty scent, same great taste!

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good. 'Cause I'm about sick of hearing all these damn Series V rumors.

I can't wait to see the Voyager finale, if just to see how close or how far away the rumors I've heard are from the actual show.

------------------
Lisa: "OK, now we're gonna pick jobs out of the chore hat. Dad, you go first."
Homer: "Come on, bikini inspector...scrub toilet! Ohhhwww...OK, that was a practice..."

Shabren's Final Prophecy: Star Trek: Legacy

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good. 'Cause I'm about sick of hearing all these damn Series V rumors.

I can't wait to see the Voyager finale, if just to see how close or how far away the rumors I've heard are from the actual show.

Rumor #1 - Kes is responsible for bringing Voyager home.

Rumor#2 - Janeway is responsible for bringing Voyager home after stealing a transwarp coil.

Rumor#3 - Carey returns from the dead and brings Voyager home.

------------------
Homer: "Come on, bikini inspector...scrub toilet! Ohhhwww...OK, that was a practice..."

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

Confounded double post!!!!

------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait..it's confirmed that Series 5 will definitely be on UPN?

Oh. Then I don't have to worry about it's impact on me. I CAN'T WATCH IT.

------------------
"I�ll never fall in the arms of someone sincere
I fall just the same
And like before, it's just too hard."
---Kim Leaman, "Sincere"

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bah, I'm sure it'll be available for first-run syndication all over the place. I get it on the Global Network up here in Calgary.

Mark

------------------
"Why build one, when you can have two at twice the price?"

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carey's not important enough to bring back from the dead or to get the ship home.

Just my 2 cents but I tend to dismiss that rumor immediately.

------------------
"The sons of the Prophet were valiant and bold,
And quite unacustomed to fear.
But, of all, the most reckless, or so I am told,
Was Abdulah Boul Boul Ameer."
Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if it's on UPN, will it also be on CityTV?

BTW, what time is Voyager on now on CityTV, anyways? Is it on a different day? I have to catch it on UPN now because I don't know when it airs on CityTV...

------------------
"Of course I'm paranoid! Everyone's trying to kill me."
- Weyoun, "Treachery, Faith, and the Great River"

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

I actually just made that last one up about Carey. You're far too trusting of rumors, Aban...

------------------

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well made up or not, just who is this 'Carey'? My memory needs refreshing . . .
BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Calgary?

Did I just read Calgary??!!

Is someone here who's also from Calgary??

*shock*

------------------
What is the difference between a terriorist and your girlfriend?
- With terrorist, there is a chance of negotiation.

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lucky me that I get to watch it while it airs. I feel sorry for those who have to wait a few years before they see even the 6th season of Voyager. Of course there will be something coming up that I don't know about that will make me miss it. It happened with DS9 and TNG and will happen again.

------------------
Signature for sale! For a mere price of $20 per letter you get this wonderful little space to say your own things. Get it now while there's still space!

-All you base belong to infinity. -infinity11

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Question:

If Paramount wants to air a Star Trek series with pre-TOS technology - why not just do Caprtain Proton?

(deactivates Heavy Sarcasm filter)

------------------
Faster than light - no left or right.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps