Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Trek X Script Review? [spoilers, duh]

Author Topic: Trek X Script Review? [spoilers, duh]
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Obviously, megaspoilers await. Proceed at your own risk.
http://www.trektoday.com/news/090501_01.shtml

Thoughts?

Mark

------------------
"Why build one, when you can have two at twice the price?"

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Get the f****** message?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Well, it's certainly interesting ...

Ugh. I don't want another character to figure in a storyline! It's one thing to see Harry Kim, or Nog, or another character briefly with some interaction ... hell, if it's O'Brien, I wouldn't mind as much, because, hey! He was a TNG character first, wasn't he?

Actually, I'm really hoping O'Brien shows up at the maybe-maybe not Troi/Riker wedding scene ... I mean, he's on Earth ... Barclay, too, actually...

Frankly, if this is the "last" TNG movie, I want to see some wrap-up at the end. Picard perhaps being promoted, Riker getting his own command ... I want to see the continuation of Worf's Ambassadorship continued -- if it's written that he didn't like it and quit to go back into Starfleet, I'm going to be POed. John Logan sounds like he's going to try and keep continuity with DS9, so I'm happy about that ...

On a fanboyish side, I'd like to see some new Romulan ships, maybe even meet the Romulan praetor. I guess since the Enterprise is being sent to negotiate, that the relationship with the Romulan SE is much closer in the aftermath of the Dominion War then it was during TNG's era.

I'm looking forward to this movie very much. Here's hoping the "other series character" and our villain don't overshadow Troi, Geordi, and Dr. Crusher too much.

Oh, Nurse Ogawa back would be super too

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
Card-Carrying Member of the Flare APAO
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah. I'm really interested that the "political thriller" aspect of the Trek franchise could be making a comback. It's one thing I really liked in ST6, and I'd love to see the TNG gang tackle it on the big screen.

"Whole new kind of ship"... Hmm... Well, I just hope it's Riker's new command.

Mark

------------------
"Why build one, when you can have two at twice the price?"

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd be figuring for a Romulan ship, honestly ...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A combination between ST6 and ST2, now _that_ would be the ultimate Star Trek movie! I'm really looking forward to this one!

------------------
"We have a good arrangement. He supplies the weapons, I use them."
- Blade

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Except that they are using Data againg for 'comic relief'. I've had enough of that in the past movies. It's not that funny anymore.

------------------
"Fuck L Ron Hubbard and fuck all his clones.
Fuck all those gun-toting
hip gangster wannabes."
-Tool, Ænima

---
Titan Fleet Yards - Harry Doddema's Star Trek Site

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Data is very rarely funny -- and it's never been when they've been trying to use him as comedic relief. I found all his scenes in the TNG movies forced -- I cringed at "Oh, shit", "lifeforms...", "to hell with our orders", "saddle up -- lock & load..." Ugh. Stay away from that kind of stuff, please!

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think we'll be deluged with the "Data-cuteness" quotes until he goes offline.

------------------
Faster than light - no left or right.

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally, the film will debut a completely new type of ship, while one character from another Trek series will figure in the storyline.
---
Oh God, I hope they don't blow up the Enterprise, AGAIN! I can see it now... Picard goes down to the planet to talk to the Remus guys, leaving Riker in command. Suddenly, a lone Romulan scoutship appears. Worf will somehow again be on the Enterprise, as Riker orders the ship to "plot induced ineffectual battle stations"...

As Picard look up towards the evening sky, after talking to the Remus people, he noticed something that wasn't there before. A brilliant star was suddenly born.

------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps