Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » John Logan on Writing Trek X [minor spoilers]

Author Topic: John Logan on Writing Trek X [minor spoilers]
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.voyagersdelights.com/john_logan.htm

[gush]

Boy, this guy just gets me excited about this film. The way he puts it, he's going to finally do character development things with the TNG cast that they have basically ignored in the past seven years. Most importantly (to me) is that they're all getting older and should be depicted getting on with their lives...

With the three movies we have, you get the impression that the TNG gang are like the cast of "Friends" - all acting exactly like they did at the beginning of the series irrespective of how much time has past. They've all been the same characters they were at the end of "All Good Things..." and it's well past time to change that, like they did in ST2. I'm looking forward to this one, if for that reason alone.

'Course, Logan being on the team for Trek X means the first real creative shift the franchise has had since TNG ended - unto the present, they've been using house talent for their stuff. This bodes well.

Anyway, I'm done being excited about it. Pass the salt, please.

[/gush]

Mark

------------------
"Why build one, when you can have two at twice the price?"

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

[This message has been edited by Mark Nguyen (edited May 10, 2001).]

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So long as he doesn't make them too far out of character, I certainly don't mind a few changes in their personalities and lives.

------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps