Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Which TOS episodes do I look at?

Author Topic: Which TOS episodes do I look at?
BRUTUS
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need good shots of the the helm/nav console. Particularly the astrogator...where it connects to the console, and closeups of the astrogator or the clock thingy.

If there are any low shots where you can glimpse the underneath, or well lit shots of the knee-spaces.

And any good shots of Sulu's viewer thing coming out of the console.

I had recently gone through all my tapes just to watch the episodes but this was before I was looking for anything and I'm too lazy to go hunting. If you know of episodes with good shots of what I'm looking for, then please let me know!

P.S....that stock shot towards the viewscreen is too dark and grainy to really help me, plus it's in every episode and I know about it already.

Thanks all.

------------------

IP: Logged
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess the clock thingy is best viewed in "Corbomite Maneuver", while the emergence of the sighting device is seen nicely at least in "Journey to Babel" and "Spock's Brain". I have no recollection of good closeups of the astrogator, though (but you can see some of it in "Corbomite").

Timo Saloniemi

BRUTUS
Ex-Member

Thanks! I'll check those out. But I had a thought...wasn't there an episode with the clock changing time as they traveled through time? ...maybe the one where they got that airforce pilot from the 60's?

Also I seem to remember a closeup of sulu rotating the astrogator thingy...but I don't know where that's from.

I'll check out the episodes you mentioned.

[This message has been edited by BRUTUS (edited May 17, 2001).]

Zor Prime
Ex-Member

Yes, there's a closeup of the little clocky thing in one of the time travelling episodes. Could be "Naked Time"(?). But I remember checking it out, and as it turns out it changes from one shot to another.
There's a closeup, then a cut to Sulu or somebody, then another closeup, and there's some differences in the clock.
Also, do you have Captain's Chair? I could do some screengrabs for you if you want. Granted, it's not from the show, but I think that it's darned close.
Or whatabout the Bridge Blueprints? They kick butt.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I have some Bridge/console pics (rejected CapComs for the most part). I'll see if I can dig them out.

------------------
Phasers

BRUTUS
Ex-Member

I'll take whatever screengrabs or pics you have. Which blueprints do you mean? I have the McMaster set already.

You can send stuff to [email protected]

Zor Prime
Ex-Member

Yep, the McMaster ones are the ones I mean.
I'll do some screencaps and send them to you.

Zor Prime
Ex-Member

I mailed off some Captain's Chair screencaps for you.
What are you needing this for? Modeling the bridge in 3D?

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's been a while, but I think there's a decent view of the astrogator in the episode "The Children Shall Lead." It was the episode with the telekinetic children who killed their parents and were following the deranged clown dude.

The sequence is one or two of the kids on the bridge, and they zap Sulu, Chekov, and Uhura. The change course and it's here that I think we see Sulu's hand reach down to adjust the astrogator.

Also, I have the Joseph Franz technical manual. Once I get my scanner hooked up and working (maybe a couple of days), I can scan in the helm/navigation console pages.

------------------
God (using a Devil hand puppet): Yaagh! I'm the Devil! I'm evil! I'm spooky! I'm dark! And I'm evil! Gimme an "E!" Gimme a "V!" Gimme a "U!" Gimme an "L!" What's that spell? Evil! Goooo EVIL!
Devil: Hey, yo, that shit ain't funny!
--from Tatsuya Ishida's Sinfest

Founder, president, CEO, CFO, COO, under-secretary general, mascot, and caterer of the APAO

BRUTUS
Ex-Member

Zor Prime, I got your screencaps. Thanks! They will be very useful. I'm building a scale model of the helm and command chair. I want it to match the real thing as near as possible.

Siegfried, I'll check that episode out, thanks!

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As promised, here are the scans of the helm and navigation console unit from The Original Series. All five pictures were scanned in from the Franz Joseph Starfleet Technical Manual, 25th Anniversary Edition. All copyrights apply, so there's your legal warning. As my personal warning, these pictures are full-pages and have not been resized. The are frikkin' huge!

http://flareupload.hypermart.net/files/TechMan03.gif
This picture has a profile and top view of the "Command Module." That's the command chair and helm/nav console.

http://flareupload.hypermart.net/files/TechMan04.gif
This picture has front and back views of the command chair and the helm/nav console.

http://flareupload.hypermart.net/files/TechMan05.gif
This is a diagram of the helmsman's station console.

http://flareupload.hypermart.net/files/TechMan06.gif
This is a diagram of the navigator's station console.

http://flareupload.hypermart.net/files/TechMan07.gif
This is a diagram of the astrogator.

------------------
God (using a Devil hand puppet): Yaagh! I'm the Devil! I'm evil! I'm spooky! I'm dark! And I'm evil! Gimme an "E!" Gimme a "V!" Gimme a "U!" Gimme an "L!" What's that spell? Evil! Goooo EVIL!
Devil: Hey, yo, that shit ain't funny!
--from Tatsuya Ishida's Sinfest

Founder, president, CEO, CFO, COO, under-secretary general, mascot, and caterer of the APAO

[This message has been edited by Siegfried (edited May 23, 2001).]

BRUTUS
Ex-Member

Thank you!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps