Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Talosians v. Taelons

Author Topic: Talosians v. Taelons
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got finished watching "The Cage" again, and it seemed to me that the Taelons have a lot in common with the Talosians. They're both dying, they both are willing to manipulate humanity in order to save themselves, they're both played by women with altered voices. Think Roddenberry was sharing ideas between series, here?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who are the Taelons ... ?

I think all series generally share ideas between them, even when they're not created by the same guys.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Taelons are from Earth: Final Conflict.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which would thus explain why I've never heard of them before ...

Six degrees of Ann Howard ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LISA Howard.

Anne Lindsay.

I saw Valentin Pelka in "Wyatt Earp" yesterday as I flipped through channels. I'm sure people in the surrounding apartments wondered what the fuck was going on as I yelled, "I LIKED Silas!!!"

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I half expected this thread to be weirdos debating who which of the races would win in a fight...I'm that cynical....
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Talosians have a whole lot more head to kick in. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps