Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » DVDs of TNG, DS9, VOY

Author Topic: DVDs of TNG, DS9, VOY
colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to the information posted at the Digital Bits, the next three Star Trek series, after TOS, will be released as sets on a seasonal basis. So, this means that you or I can buy season one of TNG.

Apparently, the format for TOS-2 episodes per DVD-was judged unfavorable and abandoned for these three series.

Looking at Paramount's record for DVDs, don't expect many extras.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't suppose they gave any time frame for the releases?

I've been thinking about extras, and I'm somewhat mixed on the whole issue. On the one hand, of course, who doesn't want extras? Commentary, documentaries, special "disecting Wolf 359" disk hosted by Timo and Bernd with special guest star: Everyone on Flare. But, unlike a lot of other things that get released on DVD, a lot of that information already exists. We know a lot about Star Trek. What could they add to the disks that isn't already out there in books or magazines?

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never-released alternate angles. Yes. You heard me. Think about the field-day... well, field-month we would have with more angles of Wolf359
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I doubt there were any. Time is too tight in television to reshoot things if it isn't absolutely necessary, and I imagine the FX budget in "Best of Both Worlds" was strained to the limit just providing one version.
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of Wolf 359, the one bit of lost footage I'd give a kidney to see would be the abandoned Wolf 359 work done for "Emissary" that Legato mentioned he did. Excellent material for a DVD, should someone dig it out of the vaults. But aside from that, I dunno if there is too much footage that could be included. Films do tend to have lots of perfectly watchable waste footage simply because of the way they're shot with a far less strained timetable. Television waste tends to be waste because it isn't perfectly watchable.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Discs. (Sorry, pet peave of mine).

For some reason, I thought that TNG had already started to be released on region 2 DVD's. But I apparently dreamed it.

I did not dream about my recent aquistion of "The Mane Event" DVD. After hearing Mojo's commentary on "Slumbering with the Enemy", I feel, somehow, more complete. And the video for "I'm a Supergirl" was cool. But I digress.

The Buffy DVD's haven't got a huge amount on them. A couple of interviews taken from the "Angel" and "Becomming" tapes. There is commentary from David Bororeaneazuipo on "Angel", and I think Joss "I do everything in the world, ever" Whedon does another. And the DVD case unfolds into a nice cross shape, which is a pain to use.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps