Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Geordi's purdy eyes

Author Topic: Geordi's purdy eyes
OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Insurrection, he got his eyes back. Simple question, is it permanent; will he still have his super contacts in STX? It comes down to the fact as to whether the Fountain of Youth effect from Insurrection was permanent or temporary. Was there any evidence for or against on screen or rumored since?

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it was temporary.

One of Picard's reasons for opposing the evacuation of the planet was that the Bak'u would die. Because, of course, they would no longer be "immortal."

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, that's a different concept all together. They were immortal because they were being continuously regenerated, because they were being continuously exposed to the field. It's not like they'd die once they left the field due to all their accumulated injuries over the centuries. They'd die because that's how things work in the universe. Geordi's eyes only needed regeneration once. If he got them fried or what have you, he'd have to go back to the planet.

It'd better be permanant. There'd be no medical reason for the renegeration to function ONLY on the planet.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um, there are a plenty of ways a fictionalized technobabble-based procedure for cellular regeneration could be reversed as a result of the changing of the exposure to said fictionalized technobabble-based procedure for cellular regeneration.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True. Perhaps I should have said that if you want to apply the real world in whatever way that's possible, what I stated above is what should happen. What will actually be written to have happened is, of course, entirely up to the writer, whether it makes sense or not.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didnt Geordi actually state that "The doctor says the effects may only be temporary" ? or something to that effect when he was viewing the sunset?
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps