Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been transferred to this forum: Voyager.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » An Observation.

Author Topic: An Observation.
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've observed that while watching Star Trek Voyager that and "unauthorized transports" or, "unauthorized shuttle launches" take place in almost every episode. Can't they think of something better than that? If it's that easy for people to get out, then why bother trying to keep em in?

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"...'unauthorized transports' or, 'unauthorized shuttle launches' take place in almost every episode."

I think I can safely say that that's simply a false statement.

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With all those crew members stealing the family car every other week, it's a miracle they had enough shuttles to last seven years.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

crobato
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
They probably have a way of building them, just as they built the Delta Flyer, and kept an inexhaustible supply of torpedoes. Type 9 shuttles are all lightweights anyway. To Voyager's defense, they used to have a couple of heavier van like shuttles, and after they were lost, they were never "reloaded". Instead, you got this endless supply of small Type 9 shuttles.
IP: Logged
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
More fundamentally, if something "unauthorized" fails to happen in every episode, then you're left with no episodes at all.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actualy crobato, they ditched the old Type-6/7 shuttles when they built the Delta Flyer to take ove the role, and more importantly when they destroyed teh shuttle set and turned it into "Alice".

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Voy S7 SPOILERS

$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$

Then just what did Chakotay and Seven crash into that big energy shield, HUH?

[ June 24, 2001: Message edited by: Omega ]

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And another thing, how do they get Voyager looking clean and spotless even after it's been half blown to hell? I don't remember any specific episodes. You'd think that after however how long they've been away from home, Voyager would have fallen apart from lack of major maintenace. it's like that they must have some unlimited supply of Voyagers somewhere, like those shuttlecraft.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Daniel
Member # 453

- posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Like the one where Voyager is duplicated, and the damaged one survives? And then the next episode she's completely clean? Yeah. The state the Equinox was in was much more realistic.

--------------------
"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism."

-Eleanor Arroway, "Contact" by Carl Sagan

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's called the Unbelievability Factor.

Once you understand it, you'll enjoy watching Voyager a lot more.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Chuckles and 7 crashed in a type 9 speedboat shuttle...the nav deflector was in the forward cone area...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1) Did you know that Voyager came with a super-duper Dust Buster to suck away all the debris? At least that's what I think.

2) This goes into Voyager. Buh Bye.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps