Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » ds9 children of time question (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: ds9 children of time question
TorgaDaxIV
Member # 617

- posted      Profile for TorgaDaxIV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
in the episode where the defiant is in the gamma quadrant and they discover a whole settlement of 8000 of their offspring, i have a question. the old odo linked with the present to let him know he changed the flight plans before they left. why didnt the present odo just tell the captain and avoid this?
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Our" Odo was unable to retain a shape, remember? That's why Julian put him in the ice cream maker & why Kira was so surprised to see Old-o there.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps you might try actually paying attention to the ep? It was a major plot point that the Odo from our familiar timeline couldn't function in the unusual conditions present on the planet. It's kinda hard to tell anyone something when you're an amorphous pile of goop.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

TorgaDaxIV
Member # 617

- posted      Profile for TorgaDaxIV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jesus christ, i am not trying to insult any fans out there but this needs to be said. while i may not posess all of the knowledge that some of the trekkers on here do, i consider myself to be a die hard fan and hold star trek as one of the most important things to me in life. now, i just recently joined the forum, and i can't believe how mean, rude, and unfriendly most of the posters on here are. when one takes the time to actually post a question because he cares so much about star trek and wants to know the answer, he/she shouldnt get a response from some inconsiderate all-knowing asshole who needs to put down people for not knowing the answer to every freaking question. i've happened to see this episode a few times before, but last night i caught it again at the end and couldnt remember why odo didn't tell the crew before they left about the changed flight plans. and when inquiring about this, i get flamed for it. i see this all over the board, day in and day out. it is ridiculous to read all the negative posts to others on this forum. if gene roddenberry knew the way some of you acted, he wouldnt even want you as fans. for the true trekkers who actually are considerate and help other people learn, i salute you. and for all the other obsessed claimed to know it all idiots, grow up. this is star trek, not eminem.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A word of advice: No matter how much cheaper it is, you should really never buy a keyboard w/o shift keys...
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TorgaDax, probably the best thing to do is remember to relax around here. I agree, there is some negativity around here; however, the key to surviving Flare is to remember that, most of the time, any harsh tones directed towards you are in jest. This may not always be true, but it has been my experience that it's correct most of the time. As our dear Jubilee said, "We like to shit on each other from time to time." So, here's your umbrella and some soap.

A lot of the people around here are good decent folk. Some of us have harsh personalities and "holier than thou" attitudes, but most of the time the comments are in jest.

In conclusion, Odo couldn't regain a humanoid shape on the planet, here's you're umbrella, most of the people here are jokers, and don't touch my Dr Pepper. Oh, and welcome to Flare!

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hear! Hear!

And you might want to try the Enter button as well

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TorgaDaxIV has a point though, things could be better. A lot better, if anyone needs to relax, its us older members greeting newbies that have questions that may seem basic to us.

I think everyone needs to try a bit harder at greeting new members.

Welcome TorgaDax.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[shift]F[/shift]ollow the path to wisdom, [enter]
[shift]L[/shift]et the [shift]F[/shift]orces of good natured fun greet you.[enter]
[shift]D[/shift]on't hate us, but, become one with us.

Or

followthepathtowisdom,lettheforcesofgoodnaturedfungreetyou.don'thateus,but,becomeonewithus.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey! Leave the new(er) guy alone! Sometimes some of us just can't be arsed with using the shift key or the enter key. We're tired or lazy (being lazy is good - sometimes) and don't have the desire nor the inclination to use them. (Wow! Big word! )

So let's all be friendly and leave him alone and welcome him properly rather than frighten him off.

Welcome TorgaDax, glad to have ya aboard.

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did think that Omega was possibly being a touch harsh there myself. In my expert opinion (quiet you), if you're going to be rude, make a joke. If it's funny, then it's okay.

Oh, and fair enough if you can't be bothered using capitals or paragraphs. Just don't expect us to be bothered reading your post.

HINT: Capitals and paragraphs make stuff easier to read. Using them also increases your chances of actually getting employed.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TorgaDaxIV
Member # 617

wes1701e, psyliam, and akb1979, thank you. its posters like yourself that will keep me listening and posting on this board.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And the rest of us should just, what? Leave?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, don't mind me. I just get annoyed by what I perceive as dumb questions. I'm really quite nice, and don't bite. Hard.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. The first time I've been called nice here.

I got the nice and won the politness!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps