Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » What do you wanna see for Star Trek XI

Author Topic: What do you wanna see for Star Trek XI
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's 2005 and Star Trek XI is released in theatres nationwide. What's it about?

Since X will probably be the last TNG movie and neither DS9 or Voyager seem likely to spawn a movie, what kind of Star Trek movie would you like to see? Do you think they'd pull an X-File and make a movie of a series still in production? If they don't base it on a series, the movie would have to be built from scratch and could maybe lead to another series.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If X does well there will be an XI with the TNG cast. It's simple business sense.

Trek movies are expensive and require Joe-I-don't-own-every-action-figure-ever-made to go to the theatre. TPTB won't even bother to make a Trek XI if they don't have a rock-solid popularly-known cast. Which, in all liklihood, will still exist in 2005 only in the form of the TNG cast. If we optimistically assume Enterprise recaptures some of TNG's thunder, we might have a new moviegenic cast ready for 2008.

[ July 01, 2001: Message edited by: The_Tom ]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah. For a while now, I have been dreaming up a short movie series staring a completely new crew.
IP: Logged
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The reason I asked is that Spiner and Stewart are making their usual noises about this being the last TNG movie. Of course Paramount would want to continue making TNG movies as long as they are profitable, but assuming Spiner or Sterwart or both decide not to return (and this is not only a contract-negotiating postion), would Paramount continue making TNG movies? (I doubt it). So, if X is the last TNG movie, what comes next? Starfleet Academy?

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing.

Seriously, though, Spiner knows damn well that if he asks for money to the point where a movie won't be made, then he's out of a job. So if he wants to stop work, well and good, let him refuse to do any more.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps