Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Before I am Xenaed for heresy, ...

Author Topic: Before I am Xenaed for heresy, ...
colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to suggest the following speculation and opinion.

If we take the first series to be set in a unspecified time period, like Farscape or Star Wars, then we can create a history based on events that are mentioned in passage of years. An example, 15 years ago, this Captain So-and-So did this feat. We know the event occured approximately 15 years before the filmed episode. For my speculation, I adhere to that line of thought.

According to four episodes, humans first started to chart the galaxy while enduring a terrible war on their home world. The episodes are "Where No Man Has Gone Before", "The Corbomite Maneuver", "Space Seed", and "Metamorphosis".

Approximately two hundred years before Star Trek, humans were transitioning from interplanetary to intersystem explorers. Warp capable ships, like the SS Valiant and the modified SS Botany Bay, were being constructed. These ships' drives were invented by the young, talented scientist, Zephram Cochrane. As this hopeful progression occured, the Earth governments were convulsing as a wave of humans, engineered by eugenicists, attempted to seize control of the planet.

Into this turbelent period of Earth's history, there arrived a ship from the future, the USS Enterprise E, on a mission to save the future and humanity.

If the eighth movie had maintained the chronology of the first series, this might have been the set-up for the movie. I think this movie, if done with a good script and careful attention to acting and character development, could have been a more credible film than the one eventually filmed.

[ July 03, 2001: Message edited by: targetemployee ]

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Might I further offer the following statement of fact.

You are a fucking retard.

No, really you are.

Now, how to get my point across without compounding your idiocy? Let's see, how about. . .

CHANGE THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD TO SOMETHING THAT DOES NOT POTENTIALLY SPOIL EPISODES OF TV SHOWS FOR ANY OF THE FIVE-AND-THREE-QUARTER BILLION PEOPLE ON THIS PLANET WHO AREN'T BLOODY AMERICAN!!!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vogon Poet:

1) Your behaviour of your post is completely inappropriate (not to mention the tone and vulgarity). Let this be a warning to you.

2) targetemployee is basically talking about shows which took place many years before, as well as a movie which has been out for almost 5 years. While I can understand outbursts regarding up-and-coming shows, such a vulgar outburst over old news is, shall I say, conduct unbecoming a senior member.

That said, this thread is locked. If you have any complaints, please feel free to contact me or any of the admins.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps