Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The new (sexual)frontier on Enterprise (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The new (sexual)frontier on Enterprise
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"An uptight Vulcan chick trying to keep her calm as a human male that she's already at odds with has to rub this gel all over her to keep her alive. It doesn't sound like sexual stuff to me. It sounds like comedy. It all has to do IMNSHO with the fact that the woman is a Vulcan. Because, talk about an un-Vulcan situation..."

Erm... No. It would be the exact opposite. To a Vulcan, it's logical that they would be mostly-naked and rubbing stuff on each other. It's necessary to save themselves. There would be nothing sexual about it.

Archer would be the one having trouble keeping his underpants from popping off...

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WEll remember, Vulcans have this aversion to being touched. Or isn't that canon? If it is a one liner thing from TOS, who wants to lay odds on whether they'll bring this out in said scene?

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vulcans have never been very tactile. The unofficial (as far as I know) explanation has to do with their low level telepathic abilities. But, as I said, I'm not sure it's ever come up onscreen.
Kosa
Member # 650

- posted      Profile for Kosa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I've racked my brains over this, and I still have no idea of what TV show you could be referring to.

The show i was thinking about had a cast that all spoke in a british accent with the exception of two characters i think. Thats why i thought of it as being British. Unless it was American-Brit. It only lasted for 3 episodes i think.

Probably three pilots

Yes i did notice the error after their was a criticism. And please dont make anything out of it unless it is really bad.And ofcourse i could be making an arse of myself if it wasnt directed at me

[ July 18, 2001: Message edited by: Kosa ]

--------------------
More human than human -Blade Runner

Kosa
Member # 650

- posted      Profile for Kosa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[ July 17, 2001: Message edited by: Kosa ]

--------------------

Kosa
Member # 650

The scene sounds funny to me to. I quoted that at the spur of the moment with out knowing that it was supposed to have a humerous edge. This was supposed to be mentioned in previous spoilers from Broken Bow. I dont usually read spoilers and thats why i didnt know.

Although the second quote i made is clear and i dont have a problem with it. Its just that when i was looking around i found two mentions of scenes that involved stipping down, i put two and two together and thought "ive only read two spoilers and there is already mentions of two stripping down scenes and maybe it is gonna be a regular thing.

I no longer think this at the moment and im gonna wait before i make my judgement just like i have with the qualms about the Enterprise looking to modern.

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, his English is improving. As for this "British" SF TV show, I'm stumped as well. There was. . . oh! Wait! No, not Star Cop (don't ask. Please God, don't ask), but there was a short-lived show produced by Sky about 5 years ago. I only know because I read about it in SFX recently. Unless anyone in the UK has the mag to hand, I'll dig it out tonight and get the gen on it.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Kosa
Member # 650

My english improving?, maybe i just dont go over everything i write. I type what i think. And i dont seem to remember making any obvious errors. Any way

The name sky does sound sort of familiar, but then again i could be simply wrong. And i wouldnt like to relive it either.

Note: the edit was to place something i forgot to write

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, you see, our thinking goes like this: writing English like an eight-year-old makes you look stupid. We don't want to read posts by stupid people, and we don't want to spend our time ploughing through endless unpunctuated unformatted mis-spelled (although I gotta admit I'm not sure how to spell that - misspelt?) guff. Unless you are eight years old, in which case it's debatable whether you should be on internet bulletin boards like this one!

I don't know. Maybe I'm wasting my time here. Maybe most other people are incapable of writing short messages like emails and checking them as they go along. You should see some of the messages I get from people at work. Thank Christ they have secretaries to write proper letters.

Oh, and by the way - Space Island One. 8)

--------------------

Kosa
Member # 650

Get stuffed.

I come here for 1 reason.
To have discussions with other Star Trek fans.

If i make mistakes, it is because 1. I type to fast.
2.Because i am to busy thinking about something i have a problem with.

I have been noticing posts from angry people, saying "Why are you people so angry and unwelcoming".

Now i know why!!

If you have something up your arse, go to the flameboard. Dont bring me down with you. And i am not 8 years old(but im suspectiong you are).

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nah, he's older than time itself.

I think the main reason he's being so hard on you is that your Australian. We'd expect this sort of thing from a yank, but an Aussie really should know better.

(BTW, it's not that people around here are unwelcoming. It's just that they take the piss out of each other all the time. Friendly-style).

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Kosa
Member # 650

Okay ill take it as if he was trying to take the piss out of me friendly style. Its just that i had no indication of that. And as you can see im new here, which didnt help.

--------------------

Kosa
Member # 650

Another thought just crossed my mind. What if Vogon Poet is a big time fan of the show Space Island One. That would explain it as well.

Funny enough, i looked at the link he provided and it had a viewers review entitled "someone hand me a gun" lol

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

Sheesh. I'm so unappreciated. And I've never even seen an episode of Space Island One. B(

--------------------

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
why all the commotion over a little sexuality in Star Trek? Sexuality is a very large part of a healthy human's life. Seeing a human react to a Vulcan - who logicly strips down to save her life, may have a humorus outcome when the mostly male crew reacts in an uncomfortable way.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps