Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Logan talks Trek X again (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Logan talks Trek X again
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nemesis is pretty bad. It's an overused cliche, like "Endgame". And, as Tim pointed out, it's been a romoured title for the previos 9 million Trek films.

Has the resistered name always been the one choses? I'm sure there were a few names registered for First Contact (although that might have been due to the Alien 4 problems).

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't say how "real" it was in the past, but Nemesis was given as one of the early, highly unreliable rumored titles for both First Contact and Insurrection. Icky.
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
true, but they must be taken this title a bit more this time seriously to register it. I like it, but i still wish they went back to the longer titles. But overall, i could give a shit about what a title to a film is.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think they might have considered "Renaissance" for ST:FC, since one version of the script had them going back in time to Italy at the time of Leonardo da Vinci. Who subsequently turned up on Voyager. So it works both ways.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard about that... they really like changing thier mind about the title. When the first teaser premiered at ID4 opening day, the title was "FIRST SITE" i guess the promptly changed it
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am kidding you not. I had a dream last night that the new movie was going to be called "Star Trek: Riker."

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why not Star Trek X - The Undiscovered Title?

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ROTFL!

Anyway, I am in the mood to bore you all with my opinions on the movies.

TMP: This Mooooovviiiieee iiiissss sssooooo ssssslllloooowwwwwwww. Yes, the special effects were good and yes, the new Ent is the most beautiful Trek-model of all times. But why show this for more than half of the movie? Especially the entering of the VGer cloud was too slow.
And they seem to have 'lost' some bits of the story, making it somewhat confusing at times.

TWOK: One of the best movies. Khan was great, Saavik was good and the overall story worked very well. Very impressive CGI shot of the Genesis effect, re-used in almost all subsequent original movies . I liked this movie! (Oh yeah, and Spock died, that was quite shocking).

TSFS: For some reason, there is something wrong with this movie. FOA, what the hell happened to the sound effects!? The Excelsior sounded like a bloody Lada! And the new Saavik just wasn't believable. I don't know, but this movie is the second worst of all for me.

TVH: Despite the really quite silly story, this was a surprisingly good movie. The characters were all on track again, with a very convincing 'all-new' Spock.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps