Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Watching the enterprise drydock sequence

Author Topic: Watching the enterprise drydock sequence
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
from ST: TMP. wow its long.
Wes
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok.. back. its still going. this is just absurd.

anyway, what do people think of TNN grabbing the rights to the movies, TNG, DS9, and VOY?

Wes
Member # 212

it just finished... its always longer whenever i see it. at least the music is good
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the oddest thread I've ever seen in General Trek Discussion.

Yeah, the ST:TMP drydock sequence is very long. But, at least you get to see a exterior tour of the refitted Enterprise, and you get to see the expanded cargo area and shuttle bay. Those are some pluses.

As for TNN having the latter Trek series, I don't know. They may be The NATIONAL Network now, but I'll always think of them as The NASHVILLE Network. And they're still showing The Dukes of Hazzard.

Wes
Member # 212

to tell you the truth, i was bored off my ass.
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And you thought you'd share your boredom with us?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And why not share our boredom with everyone here at Flare? That's what this place is for - to share things hehe!

The Dukes of Hazzard? Wow! I remember watching that show when I was a kid. It was cool. They've never shown it again on TV since

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the drydock sequence was the high point of the whole film. Then it just went downhill from there.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Wes
Member # 212

I think the high point of TMP was in the last two minutes of the film - when the characters actually started to act like themselves.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, while the FX sequences are long and drawn out, there is a certain moxee on the part of the creators that you have to admire. Their thinking seems to have been "We've got the greatest ship model ever. Let's film the hell out of it!"
Wes
Member # 212

they should of done the same with the Ent-E, and D.....
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, they did film the hell out of the Enterprise-D. We had 7 years of Enterprise-D filming.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if you think about all the stock footage used in TNG, there was probably only 2-3 years worth of new footage.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Dr Phlox
Member # 680

- posted      Profile for Dr Phlox         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree in Generations when the Klingon ship blows up it's the same shot from Undiscovered Country when General Changs ship get's destroyed.

--------------------
President Josiah Bartlet: Congratulations. So, who is da man on this one?

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: I think this time we're all collectively da man, sir.

Deputy Communications Director Sam Seaborn: I accidentally slept with a call girl.

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: Accidentally? Did you trip over something?
-----------------
The West Wing

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but that would have helped pay for the crash sequence.

Swings and roundabouts.

I do agree with Simon, mainly because I love the refit Enterprise. And no doubt Trek fans loved it. "Our ship looks brilliant!" But it was still a slightly daft thing to do. Even the Star Destroyer at the beginning of Star Wars only got about 7 seconds.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps