Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Two very, brief questions (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Two very, brief questions
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crescent beam shower!!!
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh... I see a nonsense contest coming up.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nimrod, I think you need to lay off smokin' the catnip, dude.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not wrong in catnip! I've had more catnip than you've had in a lifetime!

And that was Sailor Venus talking. Frank had been taken over by the boolean entity and was about to steal a shuttle, I had to vanquish it somehow! *shrug*

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lay off the crack-cocaine, then.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everything I said makes perfect sense if you happen to have a background in digital electronics.
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Cartman]
My uncle says smoking crack is kinda cool!
[/Cartman]

Scary thing is, I did understand most of what Frank wrote. Does this makes me a closet computer geek? Or does this mean I just have way too much time on my hands?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see your Crescent Beam Shower Nimrod, and raise you a Sparkling Wide Pressure!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you understood it, explain as much of it as you can.
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

Boolean: named for mathematician George Boole, it is a type of expression that generates two results: true or false. Used in logic and computer programming, this is generally set up in IF-THEN-ELSE statements, CASE statements, and loops. Involves comparing two or more variables or constants through use of the operators AND, OR, XOR, NOT, and a few others to generate a result.

Logic - is a branch of philosophy that deals with the study of inference, reason, and judgement/decisions based on deductive reasoning. As applied to computers, it is the processes that are involved in the function of programs. Some of the simplest are sorting, comparing, searching, etc. and many of these processes tend to mirror human deductive processes.

Switch - is a device that is a component of electrical circuits that shunts the current from one path to another or is used to open/close a circuit.

Inverter - is the exponent (-1) which flips the value of its base to its inversion. Thus, 3^(-1) is equal to one third (1/3). (-1) is said to be the inverter.

Moore - specifically, this refers to Roger Moore who played secret agent James Bond for the longest stint in 007 history. This was chiefly during the 1960's and 1970's. He replaced George Lazenby and was replaced by Timothy Dalton.

Transistor - is an electric circuit component that is used for amplification. It's the fundamental part of integrated circuits and logic gates. The first transistor was built in 1949 at Bell Labs.

Mealy - an adjective used to describe something as having a texture similar to meal. Usually, a mealy thing will be granular and rough. What this has to do with the others is anyone's guess. I guess you could say that Roger Moore's skin is now looking kinda mealy.

Digital - refers to a device or computer component that is capable of taking information in reading that information in and storing it as a numerical representation.

NAND - is a Boolean operator that involves an AND followed by a NOT. If both of the expressions are true, the result generated by the NAND is false. It's a contraction of NOT-AND.

NOR - similar to a NAND, it too is a Boolean operator. In this case, it involves an OR followed by a NOT. If both of the expressions are false, then the result generated by the NOR is true. It's a contraction of NOT-OR.

Augh - this is an expression of frustration and anger. It is typically uttered by college students who are taken by surprise on pop quizzes and super-difficult exams. It is also used by myself when I realize that I am out of Dr Pepper.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

An inverter is a NOT gate, too. Also:

http://hissa.nist.gov/dads/HTML/mealyMachine.html
http://hissa.nist.gov/dads/HTML/mooreMachine.html

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

Hey, 8 out of 11 ain't bad. Especially since all parts of my brain devoted to educational storage are on temporary lockdown.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Moore - specifically, this refers to Roger Moore who played secret agent James Bond for the longest stint in 007 history. This was chiefly during the 1960's and 1970's. He replaced George Lazenby and was replaced by Timothy Dalton."

Incorrect. Moore replaced Connery, who was Bond in Diamonds are Forever. Lazenby was Bond in "On Her Majesty's Secret Service", which was the film before Diamonds are Forever. And, of course, Connery was Bond in the films before that (I think the one before OHMSS is "Thunderball", but don't quote me).

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Nim
Member # 205

And between which movies did "Never Say Never Again" happen? I never quite figured that out.

Hmm, SWP? I fold.
Incredible, even "Sailor Moon" (which normally seems childish to me) seems cool when you watch a piece of the undubbed japanese version.
We have swedish-dubbed S.M here, during the summer mornings, and the voiceover is sooo bad.
The swedish actors are so totally uninspired, they almost murmur the battlecries... The original japanese girls scream like there is no tomorrow!

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
None of them, Nimzy. NSNA isn't "canon Bond." Indeed, it's merely a poorly updated remake of "Thunderball." The names have not been changed to protect the innocent.

Basically, "View To A Kill" was coming out...& someone wanted to beat the box office with the "real Bond," Connery. Nice idea, but it tanked miserably.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps