Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Just a couple of questions for yee trekkie

Author Topic: Just a couple of questions for yee trekkie
Conundrum
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) What ever happened to Wesley Crusher... I know when he left with The Traveler... but what ever happened after that...?

2) Who are the Q? I see it to be impossible that a race of people could have so much power... Are they to be considered 'God' or do they have some weird technology that gives the illusion they have so much power or what?

3) When's the next movie!!? I love TNG.

IP: Logged
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1.) He Traveled, and presumably Travels still. Hopefully he stops by and visits his mother every now and then.

2.) The Q simply are. I forget, now, whether Q ever intimated that they had once been more primitive beings, but now they exist outside of the usual realm of things.

3.) Fourth quarter 2002 is a possibility.

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I completely forget the source of the reference, but Q once stated that it took millennia or something to reach their present state. And of course they do have that whole 'we're so much more evolved than you' arrogance.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Q has stated that they've evolved over several billion years in fact. Their arrogance is derived from their own so-called superior moral code, so they happily play God with the rest of universe.

They are similar to other such powerful extra-dimensional beings such as Trelane, and the Douwd, which had perhaps followed similar evolutionary paths.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember in early TNG, "Hide and Q" I think Q hinted at human evolution. I don't recall exactly, but I think Picard said that the Q were afraid of what humanity will become. It pissed Q off and he left. Then there's the mystery surrounding the Q and Guinan thing.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As much as I hated Wesley (and that was alot), I was half way hoping he was going to show up on Voyager to show Kes the next step if her evolution. What was happening to her seemed very similar to what the Traveler said Wesley would be learning about.

It would've been a nice tie-in...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wesley showing up on Voyager would have been a perfectly good way for Kes to leave and return in Season 7 to try to kill the crew.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A couple years with Wes as your only company would probably drive anyone psycho.

[ August 21, 2001: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yah, but he got to make out with Ashley Judd. I suppose in the Star Trek world, even Jennifer Lien falling for him would be possible.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, according to some slash fanfic, Wesley Crusher is some sort of demi-god now for the Dominion resistance and had an affair with Jake Sisko after he was captured and brutalized by the Cardassians. I highly doubt that this is a likely scenario for Wesley.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

To quote another Forumite...that's why I don't read fan fiction...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps