Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » BBC has Star Trek Night

Author Topic: BBC has Star Trek Night
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/startrek/
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/startrek/whatson.shtml

Presented by Jonathan Ross. Weird.

Three documentaries ('From Enterprise to Franchise (I'd add '.. and back again' )', 'Make it so' and 'Warp Factory') two episodes, Star Trek IV and loads of clips.

My VCR is ready for this

[ September 11, 2001: Message edited by: Harry ]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

nx001a
Member # 291

- posted      Profile for nx001a     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just thought i let everyone know there is a vote going on for people to vote for their favourite star trek episode to be shown on sunday night.

--------------------
"We set sail on this new sea because their is new knowledge to be gained and new rights to be won" John F Kennedy

members.aol.com/mfwan/index.htm

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I enjoyed this Star Trek night, what did everyone else think?? (those in the UK that is)

I was a little bemused by the episode phone-in which voted for Voyager's 'Counterpoint'... A bit strange I thought. My opinion being that out of their selection 'Far Beyond the Stars' would get the majority of calls.

And what was up with Majel Roddenberry..? She looked awful, is she retaining water? ...Poor thing.

The sneak previews of Enterprise were nothing to write home about; nothing we haven't already seen, nor anything of great quantity. But it was nice to see some old friends again, particualy Patrick Stewert (with a full beard).

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasnt that viewers had a choice between four randomly chosen (by the Captains) episodes?.. and Patrick picked his because it was the one he directed?

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked the show. Did you see they guy who redressed his appartment? Wow!

--------------------

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I cant beleive someone would redress their apartment!

I assume theres more to it than that, but i didnt watch since i dont live in the place that has that network

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think someone dedicated a thread to that dude's apartment not too long ago. I'd offer to dig it up, but I'm about to settle down to watch Man in the Iron Mask ... after seeing The Musketeer on Saturday, I'm just in need of some swashbuckling.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...but i didnt watch since i dont live in the place that has that network."

(whispers)*Pst* Britain. Hence British Broadcasting Corporation.(/unwhispers)

[ September 17, 2001: Message edited by: PsyLiam ]

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

capped
Member # 709

Yeah .. I knew that. And I don't live there. Thought I was perfectly clear.

--------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

quote:

(whispers)*Pst* Britain. Hence British Broadcasting Corporation.(/unwhispers)

Just for the record, BBC1 & 2 are also available in the Netherlands.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps