Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Dedication plaques (sp?) & their quotes

Author Topic: Dedication plaques (sp?) & their quotes
Fedaykin Supastar
Member # 704

- posted      Profile for Fedaykin Supastar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[ i wasn't sure where to post this, so i though General Trek wouldn't be such a bad idea]

Well i was wondering whether the quote on a plaque (that i've seen)for the USS Relativity
( "The only reason for time is to stop everything happening at once" - E. M. Rauch)

is from a real person, and since i plan to use the quote in a school project, i would like to know if there is any information about E.M. Rauch (if he/she is a real person)

cheers, Buzz

--------------------
"Tom is Canadian. He thereby uses advanced humour tecniques, such as 'irony', 'sarcasm', and werid shit'. If you are not qualified in any of these, it will be risky for you to attempt to decipher what he means. Just smile and carry on."
- PsyLiam; 16th June

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sounds familiar.

if only there were some sort of world-wide information system at my fingertips for finding stuff out....

hey who thinks that anybody would really leave spacedock with a ships whose quote reads 'a three hour tour, a three hour tour..'

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I've been around the net a fiew times, ive found a Rauch who designed postmodern firestations, a magazine writer, a Rauch planetariam named after a rabbi.. but none of them have the initials E.M.

Im thinking the quote may have been from sometime after 2001? What do our friends at the studio have to say about it

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know from Rauch, but the sentiment is rather common.
colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did a search using the phrase "EM Rauch". I learned that he is a physicist at the University of Chicago and has written scientific papers on his speciality.
Fedaykin Supastar
Member # 704

- posted      Profile for Fedaykin Supastar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well thanks to people who tried, i know it could be a fictitious person it was more a point of curiosity thats all.

Buzz

--------------------
"Tom is Canadian. He thereby uses advanced humour tecniques, such as 'irony', 'sarcasm', and werid shit'. If you are not qualified in any of these, it will be risky for you to attempt to decipher what he means. Just smile and carry on."
- PsyLiam; 16th June

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps