Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Alternate versions of TMP

Author Topic: Alternate versions of TMP
Boris
Member # 713

- posted      Profile for Boris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some questions:

1) Are there any scenes in the US pan/scan videotape version -- the one that first aired on ABC in 1983 -- that are nowhere to be found on the DVD, neither in the Director's Edition nor in the Deleted Scenes section?

Theoretically, the DVD should have them all, and in widescreen for the very first time (barring their occassional appearance on later theatrical prints. I found a newsgroup post by a person who worked with a TMP reel during a theatrical marathon showing, and he said the 1983 scenes, barring the incomplete shot of Kirk leaving the ship, had been spliced into his print.)

2) What scenes are missing in the US widescreen video, aside from the Entente reference? Are they missing on other media as well? This widescreen tape is otherwise the theatrical version, not the longer ABC version.

3) What does the subtitle font look like on the longer US videotape, on the widescreen videotape, or any other videotape, laserdisc, and such? Is it small and curvy, or is it an all-caps font? The latter showed up on TNN, and in the Director's Edition, but not in the original theatrical scene as shown in the Deleted Scenes section of the DVD, or on an old UK videotape I remember watching.

4) Does only the Director's Edition have yellow, as opposed to white, opening credits, as well as a somewhat different layout of the title "Star Trek: The Motion Picture"?

[ November 07, 2001: Message edited by: Phelps ]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

AAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYIEEEEE!!!!

Who cares?!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Boris
Member # 713

- posted      Profile for Boris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, yes, obviously.

Seems kind of obsessive nit-picking, though.

Then again ... if you can't find anyone to tell you what you want to know, check ::STUPID LINK!::

[ November 07, 2001: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

[ November 07, 2001: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Boris
Member # 713

Hey, there are people out there obsessively worrying about whether the TOS Enterprise had a deflector grid or not, what its true proportions are, etc, just because the TOS Enterprise is some kind of well, "cultural icon". Why can't I have even 20% of that fun?
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of all the people to complain about being obsessive... *rolls eyes*
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tim in bizairre Talking-To-Self wierdness.

*Make head go bang*

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since when is that bizarre for me? Or did you really mean to say "bizairre", and I just don't know what that means? Looks French...
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. You're a stupid head.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps