Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Nemesis (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Nemesis
Dr Phlox
Member # 680

- posted      Profile for Dr Phlox         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With early rumors on the plot for Trek X, will TNG go out with a bang or a whimper?

--------------------
President Josiah Bartlet: Congratulations. So, who is da man on this one?

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: I think this time we're all collectively da man, sir.

Deputy Communications Director Sam Seaborn: I accidentally slept with a call girl.

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: Accidentally? Did you trip over something?
-----------------
The West Wing

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm thinking more of a muffled, gurglish scream...

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Boris
Member # 713

- posted      Profile for Boris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's an even movie, so it must be good.
Raw Cadet
Member # 725

- posted      Profile for Raw Cadet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since the notion that "Star Trek: Nemesis" will be the last "The Next Generation" movie is just a rumor itself, I think it is a bit premature to be sounding the death knell.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phelps: If that's the sort of arguement you're going to make, we could also say it's a multiple of five, so it's going to be one of the worst things to ever be shown on a movie screen.
Boris
Member # 713

- posted      Profile for Boris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The even = better theory isn't just a coincidence -- as explained in "TNG: The Continuing Mission", it has to do with odd-movie actors requresting greater pay in light of the success of an even movie, which leaves little money for the EFX and other things. Once the odd movie fails, the actors have no incentive for requesting greater fees, which leaves more of the money for other aspects of the next even movie.

[ December 10, 2001: Message edited by: Phelps ]

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If TNG was gonna be the last TNG movie ever, why did the guy who is writing the script for Nemesis state that if ST:X goes well, he would consider writing for ST:XI
IP: Logged
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think anyone is arguing that it will be the last Trek movie, rather that it will be the last TNG cast movie. Other Trek movies could be made about DS9, Voyager or Enterprise.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ugh. I'd rather have it be the last Trek film ever. Period.
IP: Logged
Kosa
Member # 650

- posted      Profile for Kosa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that would be a sad day.

--------------------
More human than human -Blade Runner

Dr Phlox
Member # 680

- posted      Profile for Dr Phlox         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enterprise will probably be the heir of the trek movie franchise. DS9 and VOY didn't do to well in the ratings corner.

--------------------
President Josiah Bartlet: Congratulations. So, who is da man on this one?

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: I think this time we're all collectively da man, sir.

Deputy Communications Director Sam Seaborn: I accidentally slept with a call girl.

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: Accidentally? Did you trip over something?
-----------------
The West Wing

Raw Cadet
Member # 725

- posted      Profile for Raw Cadet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Once again, let me point out that there is no concrete/official evidence that the "heir" to the Star Trek movie franchise will begin its reign in Star Trek 11. If "Enterprise" is the next spin-off to hit the big screen, and if it is following the "traditional" schedule, we will not be seeing an "Enterprise" movie until 2008 or so. If "Nemesis" is the last "The Next Generation" film, and is released in 2002, then we have a long, unprecedented gap between movies. The show could arrive in theaters earlier, but why? "Enterprise" is not a "ratings-grabbing" smash hit that will pull in an audience. Besides, though the talented ones (Spiner, Stewart, maybe Burton and Dorn) will have other offers, Frakes, MacFadden, and Sirtis will need another "The Next Generation" movie to pay the bills. I would not be surprised to see at least one more "The Next Generation" film.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, as far as first run network science fiction goes, Enterprise and Smallville (assuming you squeeze it under the label) are on top, ratings wise.

Not counting The X-Files, that is, whose ratings I am not at the moment aware of.

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I think ST movies could use a few years off, but six might be a bit much. I hope we're not looking at a VOY movie for STXI, I'm not so hot about seeing them getting lost, foiling the Borg, then returning home all over again in a two-hour span. My they'll have Sisko return as a super enlightened being and kick... someone's butt, who knows?

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DS9 finale spoilers

$
$
$
$
$
$

Personally, I would absolutely love to see a movie that featured the DS9 crew and dealt with the return of Sisko. Hell, a really good script may even be able to tie it in with the goings on in Enterprise. Whether it ties in with another series or not, I would still like to see something with Sisko coming back. I can see all kinds of great little things to deal with.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps