Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » ET showing first clips of Nemesis ($$$) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: ET showing first clips of Nemesis ($$$)
Kosa
Member # 650

- posted      Profile for Kosa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It appears that E news will be showing some footage from Nemises. Wow already.

Edited post to reflect possible spoilers

[ January 10, 2002: Message edited by: Tahna Los ]

--------------------
More human than human -Blade Runner

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait, which one is showing the Nemesis clips? Entertainment Tonight or E! News? Also, when are they showing the clips?

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Praetorian Guard
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The clips will be on Entertainment Tonight airing Wednesday (Jan. 9).

[ January 08, 2002: Message edited by: Praetorian Guard ]

IP: Logged
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And there are already some spoiler snippets on the net. TrekToday/S31 has the goodies. Nothing stunning there - Geordi's eyes still look artificial, and rank pips appear unchanged. Worf is back in his usual uniform and sash, and Riker again hides behind a bush. But behold Lord and Lady of the Rings... Observation Lounge windows appear to be done in greenscreen here, not with a black canvas and pinprick stars, so clearly the VFX budget isn't shoestring. [Smile]

Timo Saloniemi

[ January 09, 2002: Message edited by: Timo ]

Kosa
Member # 650

- posted      Profile for Kosa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah sorry. It is on Entertainment tonight like said. I was a bit tired when i made that post.

--------------------
More human than human -Blade Runner

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But.. didn't Worf leave Starfleet? And can an Ambassador be in Starfleet?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Worf didn't necessarily leave Starfleet. All we know is that he seemed to accept a posting as the UFP ambassador to the Klingon Empire. We've not been given reason to assume that this would require him to resign from Starfleet. Wasn't Picard an ambassador like Tomalak in the fake future of "Future Imperfect", while in Starfleet uniform?

And perhaps Worf never became an ambassador to begin with? After "What We Leave Behind", he might have reconsidered and politely refused. Or discovered that Martok was a devious Romulan spy and slain him in battle, then given the throne of the Empire to Alexander and moved back to serving under Picard. Or perhaps he donated the ambassadorship to his mindwiped brother.

Timo Saloniemi

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come on...Deep down didn't we all know they were going to mess that up?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think they messed anything up. John Logan rewatched the last season of Deep Space Nine to see what Worf had been up to and how he became an ambassador, according to the reports when he was first announced. Script spoilers indicate that Worf simply wasn't cut out for diplomacy and got back into starship duty, which works for me. It may be a little too convenient for our taste, but it's not like they're just going to leave it unexplained.

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it's not like he just shows up on the Enterprise-E corridor out of nowhere...not like Insurrection.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm. Not even a new Commbadge, or anything. Oh well, they made five and a half original cast films without any significant changes in wardrobe. *pouts* Unless they have new phasers! *perks up* 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I'd like to see the unis stick around as is for awhile. At least for this movie.

Yah...I guess that's what I meant. It's a little too convenient. There may be nothing technically incorrect about it, it's just very convenient.

And yes...it does remind me of Insurrection.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It isn't that Worf not being an ambassador after all is an unworkable or implausible idea. It's just that it was an interesting move for the character. Alas.

[ January 09, 2002: Message edited by: Sol System ]

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We got at least one Trek novel out of the switch, I believe. Plus, I'm guessing he could have held the position for almost three years since the end of DS9, and may even have gotten as sick of the bureaucracy that Martok has. A High Council massacre or two later, and he's back on the Enterprise.

Set watch: The conference lounge set sems to be different. As I recall, in FC we saw that you could ONLY get into it from the two oddly redundant sets of doors on the bridge. Now, there's one exit visible in a location more familiar to the way they had it on the E-D, with a coridor wall behind. It still seems to fit with the bridge decoration motif, though - note the lighted column behind Picard, which I don't think was in the original E-E set. I don't have FC handy to check, though.

Regardless, I'm hoping against hope that this means the E-E bridge has gotten some kind of overhaul to keep at least that part of the ship fresh. I'm not much of a fan of the E-E bridge, and I never liked the modifications they made to it for Insurrection. Can we hope for an improvement in this next movie?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Where hast thou found these screencaps.... [Smile] Are you talking about one of the three at the TrekWeb link above? If so, are you sure that's the conference lounge?

Keep in mind, I've not seen the footage that's being discussed... Sorry [Frown]

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps