Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » ds9 "extreme measures" and best doctor in trek

Author Topic: ds9 "extreme measures" and best doctor in trek
TorgaDaxIV
Member # 617

- posted      Profile for TorgaDaxIV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
saw this episode again late last night. the drama is excellent. seeing odo's reaction when he's cured is priceless. imo, the last few episodes of ds9 were brilliant........they really went out strong.

anyway, this prompts me to ask everyone who they think was the best doctor in star trek. i would definitely have to say bashir. others may like mccoy or whoever better, but in terms of being the best doctor, im pretty sure bashir runs away from the rest of the field. what do you all think?

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doctor, Bashir wins hands-down. He did more healing then the others combined.

As a character in general, i'll have to go with The Doctor from Voyager.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Depends on what you're looking for, really. McCoy was a bit crusty, a bit of a good old boy. Good, if you like that sort of thing. Crusher was nice, plus she could make you feel better _and_ get you away from the Borg in a pinch, which is handy. Bashir's genetic enhancements might give him the edge, in terms of knowledge and skill. His bedside manner can be a bit offputting, though, depending upon when you see him. The Doctor is smart and skillful too, but I wouldn't want to be on his bad side. And then there's Phlox, who seems, really, to be the most pleasent. But I do occasionally get a bit of a Zoidberg vibe from him.

Oh, and then there's Pulaski. Can't forget about her. She was ok. Her anti-AI stances didn't sit too well with me. What if I was an AI, and had a cold?

Anyway, I'd probably pick Crusher in the end, just because she has the most advanced equipment and the biggest facility.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I vote for Mark Piper, just to be contrary.
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Anyway, I'd probably pick Crusher in the end, just because she has the most advanced equipment and the biggest facility.
*sprays Liam-retardant foam on this nugget of Simonistic wit*

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bashir seemed to be a good guy to be around in the end. He was a bit of an a$$ in the beginning but got alot friendlier. He was also a decent character.

But Crusher was prettier. Selar was even prettier still.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd probably end up picking Crusher-who-I-will-not-make-jokes-about too, but not 100%. Away from technology, I think that McCoy would probably work the best. I also think that, as a friend, Bashir wins (the Bashir/O'Brien friendship was the best actual "friendship" Trek had shown since McCoy/Kirk).

[ February 05, 2002, 21:15: Message edited by: PsyLiam ]

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, in a contest to pick the best doctor, everyone goes for. . . the one from DS9. Gee, what a surprise, I never saw that coming.

And what is the cult of Selar all about? I mean, I just saw Suzie Plakson in an episode of Mad About You, playing Paul's sister's lesbian lover. I mean, she's not exactly anything to look at.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you kidding me?!?! I thought she was gorgeous in Mad About You. I think I saw her in a movie, too. She's very attractive, IMHO.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps