Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Image Request

Author Topic: Image Request
OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm looking for a nice picture of the E-D. No, not the obscurest of production photos of the 6 or 4 foot model.

I am, in fact, looking for a nice generic perhaps side profile of her against a star background. You know that picture in Spencer's of the E-D that has the lights integrated into it? That photo would be ideal. Without the lights though.

Also, maybe one of those publicity photos of the crew.

Thanks a bunch.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about these?

Enterprise-D in orbit

TNG crew

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dax, I was looking at your starship comparison chart, and got down to the Defiant and the Equinox... there is something not looking quite right there... there is no way that the Deffie can be THAT much bigger than the Equinox or vice versa - something has to give... I'd have to say the Deffie should be a little smaller, and the Equinox a little bigger... comparing roughly how big a person is to bridge sizes... and yes we don't know exactly how the Deffie bridge fits, but thats when you factor in the 4/5 decks compared to the number of decks of the Equinox and the Intrepid above it and the nacelle size of the Equinox compared to the other surrounding vessels - especially the Defiant!

What do you think?

BTW people here is the pic:

http://www.aceonline.com.au/~dax/starship.jpg
Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm, I'm honestly not too sure what you're talking about, AndrewR. I read your post 3 times and I still don't get your argument. Obviously you're saying that the Nova-class should be bigger than the Defiant, but I don't understand why.

First of all, we likely all know why I've listed the Defiant as 171m so I'm not gonna explain that. And I'm not changin' it either.

The Nova I place at 165m for a few reasons.

First, the USS Equinox appeared even smaller next to Voyager in the VFX and also when they showed their schematics together - both instances indicated less than 165m.

Second, Starship Spotter lists it as 165m - a nice compromise IMO.

Third, I measured the schematics and 165m works OK - the decks and escape pods are slightly small yet the bridge exterior is perfectly sized.

Does anyone know the true intended length for the Nova? I think Sternbach once posted it on his newsgroup but I can't remember the details.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Dax. Those are perfect.

Though the Nixpicker in me can't help but comment.

Is it just me or is something a little off about the escape pods?

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

On the E-D? Nah. The scan is from the '97 TNG calendar cover. The photo was created by Gary Hutzel, I'm assuming it's the 4ft Galaxy miniature.

Interesting, my status has changed itself from "Senior Member" to "Perpetual Member". [Smile]

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Though the Nixpicker in me can't help but comment."

Gah! People I hardly even know are saying this now! Damn you, whoever came up w/ that! (It was Liam or Lee, I believe, but I forget which.)

[ March 07, 2002, 22:22: Message edited by: TSN ]

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, my claim to fame. . . 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's arguable if commenting that something looks a little misdrawn truly constitutes Nixpicking. Too much artisty involved. Not enough grammar.

[ March 07, 2002, 20:09: Message edited by: The_Tom ]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
artisty = artistry?

I = NIXPIXX0R?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*sigh*
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*quivers with happiness* 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its just that I think that the Equinox and the Defiant don't look in correct proportion for some reason... the Deffie looks way too big in comparison to the Equinox. The Equinox looks too small in comparison to the other ships - mainly the nacelles - they look so TINY! That's all. Maybe I'd just make the Deffie smaller, that's all - in light of looking at it next to the Equinox.

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

Don't forget that the Equinox was shown to be a small, slow, and wimpy, science vessel that get's it's butt kicked. In contrast the Defiant is both immensely fast and powerful. And the Equinox is still quite large compared to the Oberth-class.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps