Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Futurama $$$ ( I guess)

Author Topic: Futurama $$$ ( I guess)
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone see last night's Futurama? I found it funny, the way they said Trek was a religion. Just like Wars is stating to be a religion now. I also wonder why they dicided to kill off Scotty in the beginning. I guess they had to keep him and McCoy silent.

I wonder which one of us is Fry in terms of knowing as much as he did in the original TOS...

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That wasn't Scotty. That was Welshy. Didn't you notice his complete incoherence?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More power to the engines...

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was Scotty!!!

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um...RETARD. They called him by NAME. Welshy.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So were those the real voices of the actors? And why didn't they have Doohan? Aside from the need to have a never-before-seen redshirt to kill, of course...

What I personally found frightening was that when Shatner said "Let's get the hell out of here" at the end of the ep, the first thing out of my mouth was, "'City On The Edge of Forever', episode 22."

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, geez, where's the fan-boy barrier?!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Omega:
So were those the real voices of the actors? And why didn't they have Doohan? Aside from the need to have a never-before-seen redshirt to kill, of course...

What I personally found frightening was that when Shatner said "Let's get the hell out of here" at the end of the ep, the first thing out of my mouth was, "'City On The Edge of Forever', episode 22."

They were the voices of the real actors. They were credited at the end. Even had Frakes credited, but it certainly didn't sound like him. Didn't have Doohan because presumably he was still recovering from being ill recently. As to why they even had Kelley as we know he's dead...stumped on that one...or why they never even mentioned what happened to Doohan in the Futurama storyline...or why they never bothered mentioning the spinoffs and other three...ahem four movies...or the other actors aside from briefly seeing Frakes.

[ April 23, 2002, 16:47: Message edited by: Dat ]

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't see the episode, but I'd wager they get audio clips of Kelley from Trek, or other acting jobs, and mixed them together.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kelley had no lines. Just him being shown, albeit quite frequently.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

The Vulcan
Member # 633

- posted      Profile for The Vulcan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ack! I missed it, when are they gonna re-run it?

--------------------
Die please.

k, thx.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Never. Ever.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It will be shown again here before summer's end.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps