Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » $Old Nemesis News$ (hows that) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $Old Nemesis News$ (hows that)
koy'peled Oy'tio
Member # 796

- posted      Profile for koy'peled Oy'tio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Trek' producer hopes for another film
"Star Trek's" "Next Generation" cast could be boldly going to yet another movie.

According to Cinescape.com, executive producer Rick Berman told the U.K.'s Star Trek Monthly magazine that "Nemesis" -- the upcoming tenth installment of the Star Trek movie franchise -- will likely not be the last.

"I am overwhelmed with how great the footage is," Berman says in Star Trek Monthly. "We're getting remarkable stuff. It looks like a huge movie. And it's going to be the scariest movie we've done. There are some moments of real terror that we haven't seen before in 'Star Trek'."

Berman admits that the film, scheduled to open in December, will not end with a cliffhanger but will leave the storyline open in the hopes that Paramount will want to make an eleventh film.

"On the other hand, this movie in no way has an ending that is going to give you the feeling that we couldn't go any further," Berman told Star Trek Monthly. "It will be an extraordinary film, and my guess is that as a result Paramount will most likely want to make another one. We'll see." (More on: Star Trek: Nemesis).

'Nemesis' crew loose lipped at convention
It seems some crewmembers on the U.S.S. Enterprise can't keep their lips closed regarding the upcoming Star Trek movie "Nemesis".

Cinescape.com, who attended the Star Trek Grand Slam 2002 convention in California, reports the "Nemesis" cast spoke openly about their role in the upcoming film.

"Voyager's" captain Kate Mulgrew said she will be making a cameo in the film.

"I'm telling that old sod [Picard] what to do and how to do it. It was so much fun bossing Captain Picard around," she told fans at the convention.

But it wasn't Mulgrew who leaked the most information.

Jonathan Frakes, who plays Commander William Riker in the "Next Generation" series, confirmed that his character and Counselor Deanna Troi will be tying the knot.

He would not divulge where the honeymoon was going to take place, but added that Wil Wheaton's character, Wesley Crusher will be crashing the ceremony.

"And you know who else is there? Whoopi!" Frakes said, confirming earlier reports that Goldberg would be reprising her role as Guinan.

Gates McFadden (Dr. Beverly Crusher), was the only member of the "Nemesis" crew to not let anything about the movie escape her lips.

"I really think it is going to be great. For me, it's the most enjoyable of the Star Trek films I've done so far," she said.

"Star Trek: Nemesis" will hit theatres in December 2002. (More on: Star Trek: Nemesis).

Captain Picard spills beans about new 'Trek' film
Expect to see a whole new planet full of bad guys in the forthcoming "Star Trek: Nemesis" movie.

Patrick Stewart, who once again portrays Captain Picard, told TV Guide that the new film will show that Romulus has a sister planet called (we're not making this up) Remus.

"So you're going to meet the inhabitants of that planet, the Remans, who are quite unlike anything you've seen before," he told TV Guide.

"I think they might be the most successful aliens (makeup designer) Michael Westmore has ever produced -- I even include the Borg in saying this. He's brought an alien race to life in an entirely convincing way. There's something very novel and unique in their design. They're imposing and sinister in a very different way from the Borg," Stewart said.

The report said Stewart is also set to star in "King Of Texas," a TNT movie debuting June 2. He co-stars with Marcia Gay Harden and Lauren Holly in a re-telling of Shakespeare's "King Lear," transposed to the old West. (More on Star Trek)

[ April 30, 2002, 16:34: Message edited by: koy'peled Oy'tio ]

--------------------
"Explore New Worlds"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two things:

One, there's nothing here that isn't already common knowledge. It's all old news, Koy, but good effort [Smile]

Two, since the subject line sometimes get chopped on the main page, make sure to put a couple $$$ at the start of spoiler threads (even if they are just regurgitating info), so that if the name "Nemesis" gets cut, no one will be surprised ...

[Smile]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I've said before, people worried about spoilers shouldn't be clicking threads directly from the main page, for the very reason that the titles get cut off. If one can't see the entire title, one can't tell if it has spoilers, so one shouldn't get mad when one clicks it and sees something one doesn't want to.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gosh, news that's been on TrekWeb and Section 31 for months now, and all delievered afresh. What a valuable service you're providing, CoiCarp'calledOtto. 8)

[ April 28, 2002, 04:07: Message edited by: Vogon Poet ]

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Read in People magazine this morning that apparently, the captain's chair has been stolen for the 3rd time now & that a replacement was "whipped up" at the cost of $15,000.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CoyPeeledPotato, I suggest you read over these forums before posting stuff that people already know. Places like trekweb.com and trektoday.com post much newer news.

Second, unless images directly relate to something that you're talking about, fer crying out loud don't post any! And if (as you've been doing recently) you're simply recreating news articles posted somewhere else, save everyone the time and just post the link to the site.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How DARE you talk to OiDon'tBel Ieve'it like that! He's writing a book you know!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$$$

Y'know, as much as they may say that the ending is "left open," the fact is that Picard is pretty much the last guy remaining at the end. Nearly all the other main cast members leave the Enterprise under various circumstances. I doubt they'll be doing another film, at least not all of them together.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really? Where are Data, Worf, Dr. Crusher and LaForge going?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Data retires and teaches at Oxford, Worf becomes a Klingon governor, Crusher gets the Pasteur, and LaForge gets the Challenger [Wink]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, and I'm sure Soy'Sauce Meal On'Ladle can back it up with an article, I think Crusher heads back to Starfleet Medical, leaving only Worf and LaForge with ol' baldy.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Odd that Worf gets back into the fold just to have everyone move away from him. Maybe they dont like the smell of warrior (lilac)

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps Tater'peled Wit'finger'nails doesn't go to Trekweb. I know I usually avoid the place.

[Cool]

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was really hoping they'd can Janeway and keep Wesley. :-\

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beverly becomes an instructor or some-such at SF Medical. They didn't mention anything about LaForge except that Leah is now his girl. I didn't think Worf was remaining onboard, wasn't it just a temporary assignment. (ie, he's not a member of the crew?)

-MMoM [Big Grin]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps