Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Please state the nature of the jury's verdict.

Author Topic: Please state the nature of the jury's verdict.
Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I noticed Bob Picardo on "Ally McBeal" the other day, and was amazed by how little the poor man was given to do. He had one long scene at the beginning where he was just rhyming off evidence, then sat silently pulling various expressions of "What's an EMH to do" during the rest of the proceedings, and finished with 3 or 4 sentences after the verdict was delivered.

I, for one, am dumbfounded as to how little this great comedic actor was given to do, in what has become a comedy-drama. He,of all people, would make a great foil for the goings-on of those misfits, yet he was given a pedestrian role that insults his abilities.

Anyone else see this travesty?

------------------
Nice place to live now son
Where ya gonna run?
Understand where we're coming from;
Put down the gun.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I picked up the show for a while this season, but I'm off again. I forget about it being on, which is to bad, it's pretty funny, most of the time.

------------------
WHO ARE YOU?

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post 
What was really good was when Bob Gunton was on the last season finale - as a nice guy! He's a good actor, but he usually plays baddies (Captain Maxwell of the Phoenix, the Warden of Shawshank prison). Here I spent the whole time waiting for his character (who was helping his best friend win the right to give him one of his organs as a transplant, because Gunton had done so much for him and was a family man besides) to turn out bad - and he didn't! It was the perfect feelgood touch. . . 8)
Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eh, First One...I think Gil Bellows (Billy) was worried enough about having Gunton on the show. After all, he did order his killing in Shawshank...I don't think we could take another evil Warden Bob.

Also, the guy that played the Professor in DS9's 'Little Green Men' and some other guy in 'Dark Skies' turned up as some prosecution lawyer some otheer time. (Vague enough for ye?)

Lest we forget Donna Murphy's central role in that Ally/Practice two-part crossover, which yours truly took great pleasure in dissecting a few months ago.

How about opening a Ally Appreciation Board?
*Jumps in a boghole and prepares to be smited*

------------------

The unexplained phenomenon that crippled the U.S.S. Unimpeachable --
Gaseous Anomaly...
What anomalises gaseously.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorta off subject here, but Gates McFadden and Rene Auberjonis both showed up as judges on "The Practice" in recent episodes.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 7.5 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
Shop Smart -- Shop "S"-Mart

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't Armin Shimerman play a judge on Ally McBeal once, too? Or was it another show...?

------------------
"Yahweh likes to meddle in the affairs of us, as it makes him feel powerful, and he forgets the many years of torment he endured at Supreme Being Secondary School. Many a day would 'Thor - God of Thunder' & 'Mars - God of War' steal Yahweh's lunch money and hang him up by his breeches, all the while belittling Yahweh by insulting his very odd, and non-imposing God name, usually by adding a valley girl accent, and having it come out as 'yeah! way!'."
-Ultra Magnus, 15-Dec-2000

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post 
I caught Roxann Biggs (nee-Dawson) in a movie called "Guilty by Suspicion" earlier today on HBO.

------------------
"Omae o korusu..." - Heero Yuy

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Quark was a judge, but that was in "The Practice", I believe. It was too serious a case for Ally, I think, about incest.

I think John DeLancie has been on "Ally McBeal" too.

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Donna Murphy (Anij) was also a lawyer on Law and Order

*insert cat whistles* she was smokin'!!

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She was? Well, that doesn't exactly set a good example for the youth of today, does it?

------------------
Luke Ford: "What's it like having a dick in your ass?"

Zoe: "Imagine taking your bottom lip and pulling it over the top of your head. You get used to it but it does hurt."

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aban: Which Ep?

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was the one where the young girl was having trouble breast feeding her baby, the baby starved to death, they buried the body, the cops found the body, then the DAs tried her for murder.

And I'll let the little smokin' joke go by without comment. Donna Murphy's total hotness overrides the nessecity for a response :0)

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps