Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » I'm a bit confused here...

Author Topic: I'm a bit confused here...
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi to all people from a new member of this great board! I have a question that I can't get an answer to. In the Voyager episode "Course: Oblivion" (I live in Holland and we're currently up to episode "Think Thank" - way behind in other words) they find out that they are all copies of the "original" crew who were created during their visit to the Demon planet in "Demon" which was about 16 episodes earlier (not sure, but I think it was). Now correct me if I'm wrong but this would mean that all of the events that took place between "Demon" and "C:O" would have been the events of the copied crew... so the "real" Voyager never had all the trouble with the Borg in "Dark Frontier" and they didn't make that 20.000 lightyear jump with the transwarp coil (since they never found it) and this would in turn mean that Voyager is still 50.000 lightyears from the AQ at this point... aargh these inconsistencies drive me crazy!

Can anyone of you shed some light on this matter?
Thanx

------------------
"Cry havoc and let's slip the dogs of Evil"

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post 
Just to prove I CAN be nice to new members. . . 8)

Greetings and welcome. The simple answer is, Paris' rank. He is demoted to Ensign in "30 Days," yet in "C:O" he is a Lieutenant; then in subsequent eps he is an Ensign again. Therefore the rest of the eps concern the real crew.

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Finally! Another Dutch person
Welkom bij de Flare Sci-Fi Forums!

=\V/=

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Funny, I'm from Sweden and we're at "11:59" (haven't bought it yet though). What gives?

------------------
-You are crazy.
-I thought I was pisces.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aahh, and salutations be to you, Herr Evil!

------------------
-You are crazy.
-I thought I was pisces.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome T_E_L!

The First One answered your question, and did a damn fine job too, so I can't add anything.

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The first time I saw the episode and saw Tom's rank during the wedding I went "What the Hell kinda prop people do they have working there. Don't they know they just demoted him?" But then I had to call and make an apology...

------------------
"Resolve and thou art free."

Cartman
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys... right after I posted the message I remembered that tiny little detail again (made me feel stupid about posting the topic actually)... heck, Voyager has just LOTS of inconsistencies in it so occasionaly you start to wonder if the writers haven't lost it... well anyways I just wanted to say thanks.

Bij de weg: leuk dat hier nog meer Nederlanders zijn!

------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
heh heh nog

------------------
Ralph: Um, Miss Hoover? There's a dog in the vent.
Hoover: Ralph, remember the time you said Snagglepuss was outside?
Ralph: He was going to the bathroom.

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Groeten uit Duitsland, Evil Lord or: my humble attempt to impress you with at least a few indigenous words.

Actually, I don't think that Voyager has that many inconsistencies, the ones we notice are only quite blatant.

------------------
"When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way."
A somewhat different Janeway in VOY: "Living Witness"
Ex Astris Scientia

Cartman
Member # 256

Voyager has too many inconsistencies to mention here (and even if there was enough room I wouldn't do it because I would only get more and more amazed at how the show's (careless) writers could allow all of them to slip by) but I won't start cracking it.

Oh, well, as long as those galactic photon-torpedo markets stay open, I guess Voy will make it back in one piece.

------------------

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps