Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Somebody on Voyager is toying with me... ("Pathfinder" $$$)

Author Topic: Somebody on Voyager is toying with me... ("Pathfinder" $$$)
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was going through "Pathfinder," and happened to notice something that could be rather significant. Unfortunately, its significantly stupid.

While the Pathfinder Project crew is briefing Admiral Paris about Voyager's position, we are presented with a map of the galaxy. It's quite plainly seen. It is focused on the Delta Quadrant, and axes denoting the quadrant borders can also plainly be seen.

Then, the galactic map is zoomed out, rotated along its X-axis (so that we are looking at the galaxy more edge-on), and the axes disappear.

Then, we see the map zoom in on Voyager.

However, the map does not zoom in on the Delta Quadrant.

It zooms in on the Beta Quadrant Not deep in the Beta Quadrant, but enough so that it's noticable.

Now, at this point, you may be thinking I would be doing the following:

"It's about time someone figured it out, even if it is somebody in the graphics department and not a writer! Hip hip hooray!"

However, the map was not zooming in on Voyager's current position, or even its projected position. It was zooming in on Voyager's position in "Message in a Bottle."

That's it. Now Okuda is in on "The Krenim Conspiracy," which is meant to absolutely confound my efforts to accurately map the galaxy.

------------------
"Stop right there! I have here the only working phaser ever built! It was fired only once: to keep William Shatner from making another album."

- The Collector, "Treehouse of Horror X," The Simpsons.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ultimate Trek came on last night in Voyagers time slot, and I went to bed. Checked the tape this morning, and Voyager came on afterward, at 1am. Looking forward to seeing this one.

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*Krenimspeak*
Cartographic incursion complete.
We have achieved a 42% confusion rating.
However, total befuddlement still eludes us.
Recalculate for another incursion.
Let us try eradicating Hawaii from all maps...

------------------
"You see, unlike you I understand history!
My name will blaze across the stars long after your petty treachery has been for-gotten !!!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Krenim: Since when have galactic maps on computer displays been accurate, anyway? Just write it off as bad animation. Perhaps they were more worried about making it look good for the admiral than about showing V's position absolutely accurately. They probably figured the admiral wouldn't know the difference, anyway...

------------------
"Gee, do they still make wooden Christmas trees?"
-Linus van Pelt, A Charlie Brown Christmas

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Admiral Paris did have a personal stake in it to be so stupid as to not to know where the ship is/was.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw the ep last night, and paid attention, Krenim is right, it was showing Voyager in the beta quadrent. Makes me wonder if they've been doing stuff like this intentionally. They have been catching hell over Voyager position for over a year now. Perhaps they are just haveing fun now.

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

[This message has been edited by Kosh (edited December 07, 1999).]

Gepta001
Member # 231

- posted      Profile for Gepta001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
in all honesty, I think those lucky bastards on the voyager production staffand scuse my french, don't have a clue, and are completely disorganized.

-FTM

Robert Frost says the below |
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-\|/

------------------
and I, I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the diference.

[This message has been edited by Gepta001 (edited December 09, 1999).]

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps