Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » "Message In A Bottle" Defiant-class ships

Author Topic: "Message In A Bottle" Defiant-class ships
Individual 5748
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I know its been said that one of the two Defiant class ships seen in "Message In A Bottle" is actually the Defiant herself. However, others have doubted this. Yet, I think I have found a way that it could work so that it was the Defiant 74205.

In "The Voyager Conspiracy," we learn that "Message In A Bottle" took place on stardate 51462. The two DS9 episodes with stardates near that are "Waltz" (with stardate 51408.6) and "One Little Ship" (with stardate 51474.2). There are two episode between those, "Who Mourns For Morn?" and "Far Beyond the Stars." If I remember correctly, "Waltz," "Who...?" and "Far Beyond" all take place near DS9, or not on the Defiant - at least as the main setting. If we assume that these three episodes do take place relatively close to one another, perhaps closer than usual, there would be plenty of time between 51408.6, or shortly thereafter, to make it to the Neutral Zone by 51462, and then make it to the transwarp shrinking nebula by 51474.2. For that matter, "One Little Ship" may have taken place on the Defiant's return trip from rescuing the Prometheus from the Romulans. What do you think?

------------------
"Questions, comments, bring them to me. Problems, take them to Kinis."

[This message has been edited by Individual 5748 (edited December 06, 1999).]

IP: Logged
Individual 5748
Ex-Member

Oh yeah, and as for the second Defiant-class ship, we know it wasn't the Valiant - it was behind enemy lines at that time - and it couldn't have been the Sao Paulo, I don't think it was constructed yet. So as for the second ship, I have no clue.

------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Despite what it said on the barely seen registry, I think it's highly unlikely that the ship was the Defiant itself.

------------------
"I wish that everything went just as I wish everything would go."
--
John Linnell

Individual 5748
Ex-Member

Well, it was just an experiment. I was just seeing if it would work out. In reality, it would be more interesting to give the two ships original names and registries.

------------------

Justin_Timberland
Member # 236

- posted      Profile for Justin_Timberland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe the two Defiant Classes seen were named the USS Martin and the USS Marc Anthony...

------------------
He can't be unoriginal
The way I feel is sexual
The way I feel is sexual.

He can't be just intellectual
The way I feel is sexual
The way I feel is sexual
When you're next to me.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Uh... Well, that's possible. Of course, it's also possible that they were the USS Stock Footage and the USS Billy Jim Bob, for all we know...

------------------
"Their 'flower power' is no match for my glower power!"
-C. Montgomery Burns, The Simpsons

Gepta001
Member # 231

- posted      Profile for Gepta001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lol...that's all I have to say.

------------------
and I, I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the diference.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well it could have been those other unknown Defiants from "Call To Arms" in the fleet at the end... There were three Defiant Classes there including the Defiant herself. Would Valiant have been behind enemy lines then as well?

------------------
"Its a CLOCK!" - Sisko, "Dramatis Personae" DS9.

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps